ISP shopping checklist
1) Does the ISP have local
access numbers in your area
2) Are there any setup, activation
or cancellation fees?
3) Are you being locked into long term contract?
4) Read fine print - are there any time limits, timeouts, restrictions, etc.. Familiarize yourself with policies and TOS.
1) Do they require you to install
software to connect to internet? For some people dial up configuration software can be useful, for others it's nuisance.
2) What savings are offered for prepay
terms? (its usually better not jump into long term contract even if means
"fantastic" savings. Try the company for a month or two and get longer
contract if you like the service.
3) Are there any service guarantees ?
4) If you're novice to computers make sure your internet access provider (ISP) has toll free telephone
1) Make sure your transaction is handled by
secure server (link should start with HTTPS) if you're ordering on the