home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
1access.net
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> $10 & Under Cheap Dial Up ISP's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: 1access.net Reply with quote

Has anyone used this company's "Advantage" plan (150 hrs for $3.33 a month, if paid yearly), or for that matter, their "Premium Package" ($7.99/month, "unlimited")?
I have had their "600" plan (10 hrs a month for $16 yearly) as a backup plan, and have always gotten good connections.
I have had (and still have) vtisp for when I need backup, but their 100hr/month change has made me look at other companies.
Any 1access users?
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the reviews and the last was over 3 1/2 years ago. I suspect not many people use or might not be aware of this ISP.
 http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic...ht=1access  
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 14:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I ask. Apparently some users are looking for alternatives since vtisp instituted their recent changes. It would seem that 1access would be an option.
Curious John's recent experience with ATNMAXX implies that good service from one company does not guarantee good service from "sister" companies.
I would like to think that my experience with 1access was representative of their company at large, but.....
blsJason

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 0:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1access.net Reply with quote

Back in 2002, many of us took a gamble with startup ISP called Poetworld... I'm still using them 7 years and a different owner later. On the other hand, I wouldn't have known Clearwire wouldn't work for me until after I tried it (and they almost ran off with my money).

Ever since I joined Freedomlist in 2001, some advice on ISPs others aren't familiar with is to give it a try and report back on the experience. The standard disclaimer is/was to use a credit card with dispute privileges (in case the ISP goes under and takes your money) and sign up for one month at a time before signing for anything longer.
Lost

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying "Premium Package" ($7.99/month,300 minutes)

You can Dun on and or use their little dial-up software.

After adjusting the Options so their home-page would not open when I
use their little dial-up software I find I like to use it.
Also in the dialer Options is (show Mini Stats Window) I use that.

The internet download speed has been very good.(for dial-up)

I could not dial to some of their numbers listed,most work.

Their email software is out of date and had to email Support for the update setting for POP3 email.

I received a bill no trouble.

(10/23/2010)
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 16:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Lost - are you still using Premium Package? Is it working well? I have found that I never go near the vtisp 100 hour limit, but it would still be good to know of a good alternative.
nitehawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 16:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost wrote:
Quote:
I am trying "Premium Package" ($7.99/month,300 minutes)

...I paid $7.99 (or $7.95) at Toast.net,...for a whole year for unlimited service. I've been using it now for about 10 months, and have had no problems at all. Once and a while, if I am on for like, several hours (maybe somewhere around 5 or more hours), I will get dropped,...but I just re-dial back in. It's usually $9.95 per month,...but if you pay for the whole year in advance,..you get the $7.95 (or $7.99) price. I'm on Linux mostly,...so I just set it up with DUN.
PS...I used to use VTISP until they changed their hours. But I'm thinking of using them for maybe a back-up. I have that Juno and Netzero freebie 10 hours-a-month also (only they won't work in Linux,..only Windows).
bruce bailey

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 21:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you meant to say...per month....for a whole year.
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually most interested in their $3.33 plan. Lost seems to be the only one here that has tried a plan other than the 10-hour a month plan.
Viper168

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 13:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using them for the past several months with little issue, both the 10 hour/month plan, as well as the 600 plan.

Until a few days ago, on my 10 hour plan I got cut off with nearly half (4 hours, 27 minutes) remaining and I've been running network timing software so I know exactly how much I used. Calling the support line the guy just tells me I used it but is supposed to be sending me records. Regardless, I've gotten a negative vibe from the guy before and am going to switch to another provider. Steer clear if you don't want to take any chances.

Also, hey guys Grin been a few ages or 40
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper168 wrote:
I've been using them for the past several months with little issue, both the 10 hour/month plan, as well as the 600 plan.

I thought the "10 hour plan" and the "600 plan" were the same thing?
(600 minutes = 10 hours)
Viper168

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 15:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, meant to say advantage but my fingers misbehaved
pete

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 17:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFF TOPIC:
Viper168 wrote:
........Also, hey guys Grin been a few ages or 40

It's been a long time... remember this?

Admins: If that site is/was on your "unmentionable" list.... It no longer exists, except as a few screenshots in the "wayback machine" archives.
Corrine

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 19:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, I checked the word filter and bans and it isn't listed.

Take a walk through my Security Garden
Boz

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 22:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrine wrote:
Pete, I checked the word filter and bans and it isn't listed.
I'm pretty sure it was at one time...like back in 2002...but as you stated, it is not banned now.
Viper168

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 16:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I do, were good times. Just a shame time doesn't appreciate attempts to progress backwards, things were much simpler back then
Pabada

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 14:26 pm    Post subject: 1access.net Reply with quote

Seems OK. Ive been using it for a few months. Connection speeds are 44K-48K. Service seems reliable and I am able to download mid sized files without the annoying 4-5 hour disconnect. MAx hours per month is 120 or 150 - I forget since i never get close to it.
nevadacrab

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 21:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1access.net Reply with quote

Pabada wrote:
Seems OK. Ive been using it for a few months. Connection speeds are 44K-48K. Service seems reliable and I am able to download mid sized files without the annoying 4-5 hour disconnect. MAx hours per month is 120 or 150 - I forget since i never get close to it.

Cool. I, once again, have the 600 plan, for when I travel and cannot find wifi. Good to know of a good dial up provider should I need to go that route .
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ashore Pabada!!

Im glad its working ok for you Smile
Spider

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 0:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevadacrab wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone used this company's "Advantage" plan (150 hrs for $3.33 a month, if paid yearly)

I just signed up for it a few months ago; still 9000 minutes/month (150 hours), but now $4.16 per month, if paid yearly.
(It's actually a 1access.org plan; might be the same one Pabada referred to above.)

It replaced Juno, which requires software and is more prone to random disconnections.
(This probably also applies to NetZero, as they're sister companies and use more or less the same software).

The only problems I've had with 1access so far are occasional handshake errors, which require redials.
Aside from that, it seems pretty stable.

If you either live in California or have unlimited long distance, fastfreedialup.com would be the least expensive, as it's free and unlimited (within reason). Otherwise, the nod goes to 1access.org's Advantage plan, paid yearly.

Incidentally, I do get timed out after 5 hours, but in most cases can use a download manager as a workaround for downloading files.

Last edited by Spider on Wed Jul 02, 2014 23:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> $10 & Under Cheap Dial Up ISP's   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next