home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
PDF printing page multiple times on one sheet of paper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orillia3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 0:49 am    Post subject: PDF printing page multiple times on one sheet of paper Reply with quote

I cannot find a solution to my problem.
 http://www.uncleburger.ca/coupon/W09-0223_UnclesDay_Coupon.pdf 
is a typical pdf online coupon to get money off a product.

What I want is to print multiple copies per sheet to save paper and printing time.

Apparently you can print multiple pages per sheet but not the same page multiple times. I would like to print out say 4 or 6 coupons per page. I can usually print two by positioning the coupon at the top of the page, printing the top of the page, then rotating the paper 180 degrees and printing again.

I want it simple. Is there another pdf viewer that prints the same page multiple times or a way of getting Adobe Acrobat to print the same page multiple times.

I would have to clone the pdf page and add multiple copies of the page, but I canno t do that just in the REader.
digger

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I discovered with Foxit reader:

In Foxit's print dialog, there are options to do multiple copes and to do multiple pages per sheet. If you set this to 4 copies and 4 pages per sheet, you will get 4 sheets of paper, each one with a 1/4 size copy of the coupon.

However, there is an alternative, if your printer supports it:
Set Foxit's printing controls to do 4 copies with one page per sheet.
Then click "Properties" next to the printer selection at the top of the print dialog. This will give you the settings for the print driver.

In the print driver settings, might have a "multiple page" setting that you can set to "4 in 1".

This gave me the desired result, 4 copies on a single page.

The explanation is that Foxit's multi-page setting is aware of the boundaries between copies, and it makes sure that copies don't share sheets (which is the right thing to do in most cases, for example, imagine printing out a hard-copy of the class slides for multiple students, with 4 slides per page).

The print driver's multi page option is apparently unaware of the boundary between copies, so you can get multiple copies sharing a single page.

It seems like the same thing might work in acrobat reader. Otherwise give Foxit a try.
techie

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to find if you only have a PDF file reader, that converting it to a word format helps, if you are wanting to edit the information or layout.

This is a free PDF to word converter.

http://www.hellopdf.com/ 
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Help, Tips & Tricks   All times are GMT - 5 Hours