home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
www.myrealbox.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OG1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 22:59 pm    Post subject: www.myrealbox.com Reply with quote

Novell sold  www.myrealbox.com  so the e-mail is currently down
OG1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: www.myrealbox.com Reply with quote

OG1 wrote:
Novell sold  www.myrealbox.com  so the e-mail is currently down

It is back but all messages received during this period have been lost.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 17:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the link
Quote:
Based on our privacy agreement with you, however, Novell cannot transfer your account information to Messaging Architects without your consent. To request that your account be transferred to Messaging Architects, click here. MyRealBox users will have until March 25, 2007 to opt in to the account transfer. After this date, all remaining accounts will be permanently removed, and mailbox contents will be deleted. This information, as well as details regarding the service transfer, will be sent via e-mail to all MyRealBox customers.
the date in red was added by me, so people with accounts will know they need to do something by March 25th or lose the account completely.
Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: My realbox account Reply with quote

Today I tried to log in into my realbox account, and at the moment it is down.
I clicked on this red text to transfer my account, but I don't know whether I will get a reply for this, or is it done automatic?
And before I got a lot of spam, now I don't get any emails in English, but I still need some of the English emails since I am a member of an Internet group.
Do I need to have all the email addresses in my account to receive the emails in English which I still need?
Thanks
gwplay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Does any one know what's happening to MyRealBox.com? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what is happening to myrealbox? Can't log on with Pop3. Even the site is down.
justjoe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 19:21 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Displayed on the website:

Quote:
myrealbox.com

Status update:
This page will be regularily updated as we have new information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-03-05:

Members of myrealbox.com are currently experiencing some interruptions in services due to an identified hardware problem on Novell's hardware. Novell is working closely with us to resolve the hardware failure issue.

2007-03-07:

While work is being done on the myrealbox hardware, M+Guardian is still receiving, cleaning, and storing mail that is received. It will deliver the mail to myrealbox.com when it is back online.

2007-03-08:

New hardware has been received and is being configured.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 15:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked again today and the site is still down. It's hard to move your email if you can't login to the site. I hope they get it up and running before March 25th.
OG1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 17:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look good. This WAS my main e-mail address especially in my job search. I used to think Novell would maintain this e-mail - However, was I wrong!!!

And they want to promote dependable e-mail? I am at my wit's end with them. I would demand a refund but I didn't pay anything.
OG1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 19:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.myrealbox.com  is up - at least POP3 is working. IMAP is turned off until users can backup their files on their PCs.
realgeorge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 13:49 pm    Post subject: Myrealbox.com Reply with quote

I just logged into my Myrealbox.com webmail successfully and had the following message dated 4/16/07: Greetings,

Welcome back to MyRealBox. Since acquiring Netmail in January of 2007,
Messaging Architects has been committed to the ongoing development and
support of Netmail. As part of that commitment, Messaging Architects is
proud to introduce the first of many enhancements to the MyRealBox community:

- M+Guardian, our next generation Secure Email Gateway, providing powerful
anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-adware capabilities and increased storage
capacity at the perimeter of MyRealBox.com.
- New redundant hardware, providing fault-tolerance, fail-over, and more
reliable data storage and protection for users of MyRealBox.com.

Thank you,
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 21:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them, hoping to get some sort of reply before the move was made and heard nothing. I could log in to the website but could not log in for my email. I suspect everything has disappeared by now.
OG1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an auto-reply email which tells me to click on manage my account. I do not see a manage my account as a choice in FF nor IE.

and if the popup box doesn't accept my login info, there is no way I'm ever going to see the manage my account button to change anything. Basically, I've hit a brick wall and the automated email response offered no solution.
I can't see a place to sign up for another account.
cbohard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: myrealbox.com Reply with quote

Hi - I remember seeing this topic back in March when I couldn't log onto my e-mail account on MyRealBox. Yesterday, 7/8/07, when I tried to log on, the page that opened up was for a web site called Register.com. At the top of the page it says: MyRealbox.com coming soon to reginster.com. Once again, I can't access my account! I just wanted to know if anyone else is having that problem or knows what is going on!!!!!!!

Thanks!
CJ
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should open MyRealBox
 http://www.myrealbox.com/a?.BQ.e1.BQ.d 
if you are re-directed elsewhere, something is wrong with your computer.

I suspect that your account is gone. You had to login during a certain time period and ironically, myrealbox was down most of the time during the required login. I think this was by design to eliminate most of the accounts when the new owners took over. I couldn't login and lost my account. I can login at the site above but then the popup login doesn't accept anything. I tried to change my password and get "the specified user does not exist". I sent an email months ago and got no response.
cbohard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 15:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Actually, I did transfer in time and I was switched over. I've been signing in and getting messages all along. For some reason, on Sunday and Monday, when I tired to get into MyRealBox (I have it bookmarked), I was sent to that other site I mentioned, Register.com. I just tried the link you me and it took me to the MyRealbox sign-in page. I didn't have any posted messages dated 7/9/07 - and in fact, yesterday I tried sending a message to that account from another account I have and it came back. There's nothing on the MyRealBox sign-in page to explain what happened. I'll send them a message and see if I get a response. I try not to use that account for anything important anymore. When the server crashed in March, all my messages were lost - and now whatever was going on the past couple of days. I just don't trust them anymore.

Thanks, CJ
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 21:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read on another forum that another user was redirected yesterday to register.com. So it isn't your computer, it was the web site.
He suspects that they didn't pay the bill so the site redirected anyone interested to register and pay for the web site. It looks like they paid the bill and have the domain again.
cbohard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ha! Very interesting. That would explain why there was no explanation as to what happened. The e-mail I sent to them asking what happened elicited one of those General Feedback automatic responses with the frequently asked questions and the possible answers to whatever the problem might be. Frustrating! At least it's back on and running.

Thanks so much for your prompt and replies - it's nice to know there's someone paying attention and responding - with some real information!

CJ
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours