home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Westell 6100 User name and Password hardware reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 13:10 pm    Post subject: Westell 6100 User name and Password hardware reset Reply with quote

I have a Westell 6100 DSL modem from Verizon. Working with Verizon tech support to fix a problem, I changed the user name and password, then forgot to write them down and now I can not go back to setup to change something else.

Does anyone know how to do a hardware reset to force the modem to factory default user name -admin and password as - password.

please help ! Frown
OG1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 21:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Westell 6100 User name and Password hardware reset Reply with quote

You MUST contact Westell directly for tech support. Try to remember or you have to send you modem back to be reset for a fee or replacement for another fee. You fogot it so that is your problem NOT Westell's.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 13:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the back of the modem. There may either be a reset button or an indent that a paperclip can be inserted into. That will reset the modem to the factory defaults.
I'm unable to find a Westell manual online to check which one your modem uses.

I located the page with manuals but since I don't know the exact version, I'll have to guess on the 13 entries under the 6100.
 http://www.westell.com/pages/support/dropd...kcfkcfin.0 

It appears that you have an indent, located between the power connector and the ethernet connector.
OG1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 15:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plodr wrote:
Look on the back of the modem. There may either be a reset button or an indent that a paperclip can be inserted into. That will reset the modem to the factory defaults.
I'm unable to find a Westell manual online to check which one your modem uses.

I located the page with manuals but since I don't know the exact version, I'll have to guess on the 13 entries under the 6100.
 http://www.westell.com/pages/support/dropd...kcfkcfin.0 

It appears that you have an indent, located between the power connector and the ethernet connector.

YES, I agree. Just press the reset button. Disregard my previous comment about going to Westsell. This will set you right.
80wD0wN7oK1r8y

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 13:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um ya i have the same problem but if u reset the router isnt there other info that resets that is needed to access the internet???
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 17:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. Open the setup screen and see if the username aka SSID and password is set back to the default; then yes, you would have to re-do the SSID and password to get the security back, otherwise anyone who sniffs your signal, if it is a wireless router, could be using your connection for a free ride onto the internet.
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Broadband   All times are GMT - 5 Hours