home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 13:52 pm
Post  Title: Re: Didnt you get the memo? Morgan Freeman - Fox -Batman Begins

OG1

This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:52 pm
Post  Title: Didnt you get the memo? Morgan Freeman - Fox -Batman Begins

aci-john

Oh my god - its horrible. Its terrible!! - DialStream increased current cheap ISP customers prices by $1. Roll Eyes

Dialstream stopped offering premium services last year under the $10 mark.

Coming directly from ME - The Lead Manager and Largest Shareholder:

Actually - After looking at the changing market, I can no longer please the people looking for the "Cheap ISP" I went around calling all of my oldest customers on the Dialstream Brand (2005) and asked them what would make our service better to them - and the #1 thing was - "Id like to be able to connect for a few more hours." The 2nd being "Id like access to some of your other numbers."

We have 5 major, and serveral minor service agreements with carriers. Unlike most ISPs on FL who have 1, and its either 01, Ikano or GP, the 2 cheapest carriers on the planet. 01 allows almost 400 hours, and GP allows no more than 200. So you can easily figure out whos using who. A couple use IKANO, and they have limited coverage as well to only big towns. They either cut you at 150 or not at all. If you go to high, you might be terminated. Only 1 other ISP using my carrier in freedomlist, and they dont use it direct. They get it from someone who gets it from the carrier. And since they dont watch their customers. The freeriders who are on more than 5-8 hours a day, you see them pout. The carrier themselves will suspend the user. In theory, no homeuser should need dialup more than a couple hours a day, which is why the national average still sits around 1.5 hours a day. 8 hours, and the ISP will think ur running a business, and most ISPs have a clause for residential use only. Also - these carriers turn their customers off for non payment on the first. How many of you have posted a complaint on the 1st or on the weekend before the first because you were off all week or for more than a hour? Thats how the carrier makes them pay, LOL

The ONLY isp or collection of ISPs on this site that have plans under $10 that I stamp my seal of good service on - is Steves poetworld/lowcharge/eltopia family of ISPs. I dont know his envolvement anymore, but there seems to still be a tight ship.

Taking this into consideration, and quite a few other concerns I had, we came to the conclusion that the cheap ISP market is no longer a target for us. We only promoted the site here, and, honestly, more than half the customers who signup after 2007, upgrade their accounts, and are quite happy at 9.95-13.95 service offerings. We have moved back to a regional focus, and have gained more coverage in Missouri, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Kansas than any other ISP under $19.95. Our target is to offer good service, at a still competitive rate for our target audience, and not go under or have to sacrifice an offer in the process.

Freedomlist no longer updates their site, because technically, the top 5 cheapest should range close to 10 bux. Most providers have raised their prices or no longer operate, because the market has gotten smaller, and our service agreements with the carriers surely havent. As a matter of fact, mine went up. It kinda sickens me to see a fly-by-night ISP. None of them stand the test of time because you cant operate on a dollar or 50 cent markup. Service will be sacrificed somewhere.

I dont believe in chargin $4.95, then playing roulette as to when I contact the person back. I have a premium call center with my own people in it, as well as an overhaul. At $4.95 or $6.95 - That cant be included. Does one know what 800 number is? "Oh its free".... not to the provider. When you make a regular long distance call, you pay. When you call an 800 number - the one providing the number pays.

I also dont have some "hole in the wall" agreement with a baloney carrier for my addons. I get my slipstream service DIRECT from an approved slipstream provider, and its the full SP 6x service with NOW enabled. I tried to please the budget person who didnt want to pay for it - having multiple versions, and having multiple contracts, but it didnt pay off in the end. One service is all we offer now.

When it comes to email - our customers are on top of the line servers with a commercial agreement with GoDaddy. We have just completed a deal with Google, and will move over to Gmail by the end of the year hopefully. Theres no way these things can be done or offered at 5 bux. At least, not on the service agreements I have.

Per our terms - we make 2 attempts to contact people. During signup, right below the username and password, we specifically let everyone know to read the support and portal once a month for updates, and we also send emails to everyone with a current address on file. Standard and Premium customers on our flagship brands get a mailing on any major changes. If the increase is more than $1, mail notification goes to ALL affected customers.

And for those who want to cancel, and theres only been 6 cancellations across all brands and several thousand users, We only process on the 20th. This doesnt mean submit ON the 20th, this means you need to fill out the cancellation form completely BY the 20th. This is the smartest thing we ever implemented because our billing cycles are done the 23-24th for customers paying for the upcoming month. This eliminates the "Cancel and refund" since we dont do that. There is no calling to cancel, and thats made clear on every site. To enforce this, the support helpdesk doesnt have access to an account in any way to cancel it, and also dont have access to an account in any way shape, or form, that doesnt have premium support included in their service.

Another posititive chance in the future is migrated caps. All customers will be on the same allowed terms - allows up to 2 4 hour sessions or 8 hours a day. From there - we will just look for potential commercial usage, and dedicated abuse. We have always been strict about leaving connections unattended, and the use of a keep-alive utility of any type. This will encourage customers that have 2 ISPs because 1 is only 150-200 and they need a few more hours then that, and are tired of being shut off with only a few days left in the month. Existing customers may choose to move to this new offering at minimal or no cost, depending on current service.

Im Done Ranting, But the changes on April 5th are as follows:

Dialstream BASIC - $10.00 Per month. No email. Access to all Networks 1-3. May call main office during business hours for connection issues. Use support system for all other inquiries. Residential accounts only. An activation fee of $1.95 will apply to cover all one time expenses incurred.

Dialstream STANDARD - $11.95 Per month. 1 Email address, Access to networks 1-3, Residential Accounts only. Free Setup

DialStream PREMIUM - $15.95 Per Month. Access to all premium networks 1-6. Slipstream SP Included. Up to 3 E-Mail address included. Free Setup

Payment methods accepts from April 15th on will be PayPal, AMEX, Visa, MasterCard in that order. Must be a non business credit card, in a personal name and billing address must match for AVS. Most gift and prepaid debit cards dont support AVS, and will not work with our system.

Coming Soon - MOBILE BROADBAND
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:20 pm
Post  Title: Dialstream "stripped" raises monthly rate w/no notification

dialupuser10yrs

Dialstream "stripped" has raised their monthly rate to $7.95 and sent no prior notification of the increase, which began on February 23 for me. I had to find out by seeing the charge on my credit card. This is very irritating.

I will have to pay 2 months at the new rate before I can cancel because they only process cancellations on the 20th of the month. Also, their current web page (as of 3/26/09) does not reflect these changes.

I find this method of doing business a poor example of how to run a company. I can no longer offer a good recommendation for them.
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 19:50 pm
Post  Title: Dialstream Works Good For Me

dialupuser10yrs

About 2 months ago I signed up for the Dialstream “stripped” dialup ISP plan at $5.99 a month.

I have been happy with my results thus far. No disconnects while surfing and no busy signals. My initial connect speed has been equal to those I’ve gotten from other dialup ISPs. (I live near a university plus have old phone wiring in my home so my speeds aren’t as fast as some I see reported here. Average is 38.6 kbps though occasionally may hit 40.)

Based on my experiences, I highly recommend Dialstream if you don’t need a mailbox or tech support -- just basic internet service. An added bonus is that the owner frequents FL and can advise about any unusual circumstances.
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:17 pm
Post  Title: Re: http://www.dialstream.net

aci-john

aci-john wrote:
Dialstream has had some changes. We thank you for your reviews :-)
Please make sure to check out our new contact info, as freedomlist hasnt updated it.

Thats not a review of your experience... thats an observation of what I assume is just the main page.

And yes - freedomlist is no longer updated regularly. Our Pricing and contact info havent been updated since 2006.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 20:54 pm
Post  Title:

ablang

Their website shows a price starting at $6.95 a month.
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:24 am
Post  Title: http://www.dialstream.net

aci-john

Dialstream has had some changes. We thank you for your reviews :-)
Please make sure to check out our new contact info, as freedomlist hasnt updated it.
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 18:14 pm
Post  Title: Re: Dialstream

aci-john

Thanks for the kind words.

The terms refers to people who try to give their account to someone else to use the same account at the same time. If you were getting 2 accounts it would be ok. And make sure to check with me a few days before you signup and Ill get you a coupon to use so you dont have the usage issues.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 13:49 pm
Post  Title: Dialstream

realgeorge

Wow, seens like there has been a lot of rushes to judgement and piling-on over a temporary service interruption and one dissatisfied customer. Back when I had a temporary trial account, I found Dialstream to be an excellent ISP. The service was as good as any I have ever used. I initially thought it was lousy because, unknowingly, I had a modem starting to fail causing difficulty in connecting at times, and some frequent disconnects. It all disappeared when I changed modems. I also had trouble getting the accelerator to work, which was caused by my own failure to put in the right logon information. Aci-johh helped me work out all the problems and even phoned me a couple of times to offer suggestions. Initially, I balked at his suggestion that I had a computer problem - No Way! But it was. It all tested my patience, but we did work it all out, and the service proved to be excellent in every way. I didn`t sign up because I was a high user back then and needed 300-400 hours a month. I use a lot less now and have been considering them again for my son and me. Thing is, with two accounts, we both need to be online at the same time on seperate computers which the terms of service don`t allow if I understand it correctly. Any how, based on my experience over about 3 weeks, I would recommend Dialstream, and I really haven`t read anything here that would cause me to change my mind.
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 am
Post  Title: Re: What does it take to cancel ?

aci-john

k1aft wrote:
Failure to Cancel,
In spite of repeated tickets to cancel service 10 days prior to the 24Th my account was charged $6.95 which naturally I am contesting with the credit card Company.
Please note my posting of Nov 17 K1AFT ( my ID) and the reply by
ACI John on Nov 18 where he swears I will not be charged on Nov 24.
Need I say more ? Avoid them like the plague
k1aft

Maybe when you signed up - if your name you entered for your card matched, the billing dept could find you.

Ive removed you - and blocked your card in the gateway database from being used on any of our resellers sites. I dont put up with drama.
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 15:27 pm
Post  Title: What does it take to cancel ?

k1aft

Failure to Cancel,
In spite of repeated tickets to cancel service 10 days prior to the 24Th my account was charged $6.95 which naturally I am contesting with the credit card Company.
Please note my posting of Nov 17 K1AFT ( my ID) and the reply by
ACI John on Nov 18 where he swears I will not be charged on Nov 24.
Need I say more ? Avoid them like the plague
k1aft
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 22:46 pm
Post  Title:

aci-john

OG1 wrote:
Apparently, they are back from the grave.

Hmm - I see the cries - but the phone has been just a sitting there...

What grave - we never left - Ice storms dont keep us down. We changed datacenters from local to colo over the weekend, and I uploaded the customers again. Plain and simple.

And every cancellation that has been put in properly has been executed. Did ya follow protocol? If it was entered properly, you get a response back that youre cancelled.

One would suggest that you try again... Ive taken over cancellations myself, and will gladly get you off the network Devilish Im tired of the same ones crying... and havent tried to fix it, they just cry.

If you want to cry - I took over the dialstream support number til I close the site down for good and move the customers to worldnet. to cancel do it before the 20th. Then after 2 business days if you havent recieved confirmation, call to make sure.

For the record, as of this post, only 4 cancellations were called in after this weekends incident. A few of our original customers called in to find out what was happening, and allowed us time to fix the issue. Thats loyalty.
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 20:52 pm
Post  Title:

OG1

Apparently, they are back from the grave.
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 15:46 pm
Post  Title: aci john

manni

I'm trying to cancel my"what they call service" with dialstream. Did fill out 3 request forms and did try to call serveal times......Nothing helped.
Dialstream took money out my account for September and October....

Listen ACI John...I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Bet I#m not the only one who is waiting for some money!!!!!!

This ISP ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 13:55 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
Before you put the nail in the coffin, read this reply by aci-john
 http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28495  
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 22:25 pm
Post  Title: Website link is dead

furball64801

I guess that means so are they.
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 22:04 pm

prettyboy

OG1 wrote:
out of business

So, ACI John was all talk and no action. Sure am glad I did not sign up for this service.  www.dialup.cc  has been rock solid with a few problems but all ISP'S have problems one time or another. I recommend them.
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 22:55 pm

OG1

out of business
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 13:31 pm

aci-john

#1 - Read the terms. Cancellations are processed on the 20th.

#2 - Read the terms. The only valid chargeback you could use is cancel recurring payment. Since your service will be cancelled before the recur (24th) youd have no valid chargeback because you have auths before that date.

#3. As far as the accelerator is concerned, you're the only one complaining. The acceleration instructions has been preached time and time again. K1aft you have the standard accelerator. I would have suggested that you download the new one, and use the new login instrustions. (which were first part of the username first, no @xcxxxx.cvcs on the end)

For those who have not said anything, and need their accelerator turned on, contact us with a support ticket, and you will be setup within 72 hours. At the present time we are in the middle of changing our operations over so things may have slipped through a crack.
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 21:57 pm

k1aft

I signed up for their $6.95 service with the accelerator about 6 months ago but could not get the accelerator to log me in except for maybe one week. Repeated complains where non answered. Could not get their pop mail either. Now I am trying to cancell the service again they don't answers the request tickets. The telephone numbers either don't work or they are manned by a computer that wants to know who you are calling ( I tried several times ) I said cancell service it came back with " I did not understand you". I will have to contest the credit card charge with the credit card company. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE.
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next