home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
how to uninstall defender pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddstein

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: how to uninstall defender pro Reply with quote

Could someone please tell me how to uninstall Defender Pro???
email address removed
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To properly uninstall Defender Pro Anti-virus, please do the following:
Disable Defender Pro Anti-virus - this can be done by right-clicking on the D icon in your task bar and selecting Exit.
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
2. Locate Defender Pro Anti-virus and select it
3. Click Remove (if asked "are you sure" click yes)
4. You will then be prompted to restart your computer - select Yes and then click on Finish
5. Your computer will now restart

It is common for the program to leave some files on your computer after the uninstall, so these must be removed as well:
1. Double click on My Computer
2. Double click on C: drive (hard drive)
3. Double click on the Program Files folder
4. Double click on the Defender folder
5. Locate the Defender Pro Antivirus folder and delete it
rybak61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 13:43 pm    Post subject: removing defender pro Reply with quote

It seems too easy, antyvirus likes to cling way harder to system.
philhorton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 20:37 pm    Post subject: Defender Pro anti virus software Reply with quote

i deleted the fils in the c drive first naw windoes security senter thank it is on then i reinstall it then it sias u have a more advance software please uninstal first

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 16:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried everything to uninstall defenderpro....it is saying I don't have access....cannot uninstall....help !!!!!
dibba80

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 21:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to remove defender pro myself after it caused many problems. I have done extensive research and this seems to be a masked spyware program. Beware: The people who are praising it on this see are most likely employees of Defender Pro. To me, it is a horrible, useless, fraudulent program. When I uninstalled it I could uninstall everything except the "Defender Pro Internet Service 6.0" folder in C:/Program Files/Defender Pro....I could not uninstall or neither could I delete it. Everytime my PC booted I got a popup from Defender Pro telling me the program was not installed and I should install it. This was obviously annoying. The error message for attempted deletion was "Shellex.dll" could not be removed. Ok, so just do this....open up the "Defender Pro Internet Security 6.0" program Folder...highlight everything and hit delete. The only thing that won't delete is the now famous "Shellex.dll" folder. Well on the next startup I didn't get the annoying box so as far as I'm concerned it's gone and "Shellex.dll" can just sit on my PC by itself and do nothing.
As to shellex.dll...see what the experts had to say....
A .dll file (Dynamic Link Library) is a special type of Windows program containing functions that other programs can call. This .dll file can be injected to all running processes and can change or manipulate their behavior. The program has no visible window. There is no detailed description of this service. It can change the behavior of other programs or manipulate other programs. It is not a Windows core file. shellex.dll is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 58% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.
If shellex.dll is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 then the security rating is 72% dangerous.
Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as shellex.dll, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder.
The shellext.dll file is installed and used by WinAntiSpyware.
(click on the name(s) to read more about the infection).
shellext.dll Automatic Detection
WARNING!!! shellext.dll file is related to spyware. Your computer's security and privacy may be at risk. We recommend you run a scan of your computer to detect any spyware threats.

....."it's able to "record inputs"...."some are malware camouflage"...once again it seems to me that Defender Pro seems to be a spyware program masked and advertised as some kind of legitimit program to aid your PC.
If shellex.dll comes back to haunt me or you go to this link for removal instructions...
 hxxp://www.spywareremove.com/removeshellextdll.html 
Beware: Persons posting praises of this service are quite possibly employees, affiliates, or have
some kind of relationship with DefenderPro.
Fortunately, but also sadly, I am laid off from my job and I spend hours and hour daily on my
PC. So I am using this time to post my opinions of DefenderPro everywhere.
My words are worded carefully to avoid slander issues, usually I'm much tougher than this so
read into this what you will.
Good luck!!!

Edit Note: Link made unclickable until checked out.

Corrine
perkdawg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Defendor Pro Reply with quote

I have been trying to uninstall defender pro. after I went to add/remove in ctrl panel, & uninstalled, I now receive an error message saying that the program cannot be initiated because the "TDC.dll" is missing or corrupted.Ned help.!!
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 18:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download and use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it.
 http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html 
note it works on XP but not Vista and does not work on 98 or ME.
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> PC Protection -> Apps   All times are GMT - 5 Hours