home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
need help sending smtp mail thru Juno with Outlook 2002

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: need help sending smtp mail thru Juno with Outlook 2002 Reply with quote

Hello, all.

I definitely need help figuring out why I cannot send mail using Outlook 2002 through Juno's outgoing mail servers. I can receive just fine. Juno is my dial-up ISP, for pete's sake! And they give explicit instructions on how to configure & use Outlook.

I've been scrounging the web looking for possible solutions. This forum at least seems to have discussions on this.

Here's my system:
    OS = Windows XP [no SP's]
    ISP = Juno 4.0 dial-up
    Mail App = Outlook 2002
      logon =
      incoming server = pop.juno.com
      outgoing server = smtp.juno.com
      outgoing = authentication required
    Anti-Virus = Norton SystemWorks 5.0
      Outgoing e-mail scanning is OFF
    Firewall = ZoneAlarm 5.5 free version
      Both Outlook & O Express have permission to access the Web
There must be some setting somewhere in my system I'm missing.
Please throw me some ideas on what I can check.
That's all for now.
Thanks,
Joe user
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Juno blocks Port 25, you won't be able to send mail.
Find out what port Juno uses and put that into your Outlook with the smtp settings.
Joe_user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 16:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, plodr. I don't believe they block port 25 for outgoing mail since they specifically instruct users to use 25 for configuring Outlook.

Here's my system info. with ports added.:
    ISP = Juno 4.0 dial-up
    Mail App = Outlook 2002
      following settings per Juno instructions
      logon =
      incoming port = 110
      outgoing port = 25
      Both Outlook & O Express have permission to access the Web
More ideas needed !!
I'm sure there are many users out there who must have solved similar situations.
blsJason

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 20:32 pm    Post subject: Re: POP3/SMTP w/ Juno Reply with quote

Unless you're paying Juno for a premium e-mail account with POP3/SMTP access, you'll have to use Juno's webmail to access it... Juno cutoff free users on December 1st, 2004.
 http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17682  
Lost

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 21:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Microsoft Outlook 2002 sp3

If you go to Tools>Email Accounts>View or change…(next) Highlight Account>Change

You then have a menu where you should have (your name)(e-mail address) Incoming:pop3.ispname and outgoing:smtp.ispname
All so there is a place you need to fill in: Your User name and password
After there is a test button you can try to see if things are working.
;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those suggestions.

I have Platinum Level service with Juno (a paying user). I've been through the Outlook configuration windows many time with many variations - all with no luck. I'm beginning to believe the problem is NOT in the Outlook configurations but something weird elsewhere.

Here are my settings with Juno Platinum service added.
    ISP = Juno 4.0 dial-up [paying Platinum level service]
    Mail App = Outlook 2002
      following settings per Juno instructions
      logon =
      incoming port = 110
      outgoing port = 25
      Both Outlook & O Express have permission to access the Web as servers

Keep thinking readers !
What settings might affect modem communications?

Let me hear from someone successfully using both Juno Platinum and Outlook 2002. What options/setting did you tweak?

Joe user
OG1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: You MUST click ON "My Sever requires Authentication" ti send Reply with quote

You MUST click ON "My Sever requires Authentication" ti send e-mail use OE with Juno!!
Cdubble

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 15:00 pm    Post subject: using juno account with Outlook Reply with quote

Try using mail.juno.com for incoming & outgoing servers. I was having the same prob with my Juno acct & Outlook, but I just tried it with Mozilla 1.7.5 and it's working fine.

I only got it to work with all the security features off (no TSL, SSL etc)

Also, mozilla has my U of texas acct set as the default outgoing server (?).

At any rate try the above. Shold push come to shove..... USE MOZILLA !!!!

Shiny Big Grin
cdubble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 16:46 pm    Post subject: ADDENDUM!!!! Reply with quote

After unexpected problems and some fiddling, I believe the reason I was able to get my Juno acct to work with Mozilla (and today switched to Thunderbird, which I also recommend) is because I also have my U of Texas account set up, which the program uses as a relay to get and send the Juno mail (somebody who actually understands how this works, please stand up). when I tried to st up without using the school account as my default outgoing server, it wouldn't work. So, I guess if you have another mail accout that could be used as the outgoing server, you should be able to get it to work.

Peace
beaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 23:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juno will not send unless you have a Juno IP addy for SMTP in outlook.

See here for details

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010962621033.aspx 
whicky1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 17:47 pm    Post subject: Juno does block port 25 Reply with quote

I have been having the same problem as the OP. I emailed juno today and they replied saying that you can't send mail through port 25 when connect with them.

So why do they say so on thier website?

The website only tells you how to setup for a Local Area Network (LAN), where port 25 is not blocked.
whicky1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: I figured it out Reply with quote

Wow was this ever so complicated.

Ok, juno users, here is what I did.

0) Click Tools, then click Options, then "Mail Set" And depending on what you have, you will add or change your account.

1)I set up my account for Incoming: imap.utk.edu, and for out going: smtp.utk.edu

2)Here is the hard part, go to "Advanced Settings" and click the "General" tab, here you absolutely must use your juno email address for the reply button.

3)Next click on the Connection tab:, select LAN. I know that does not make sense, but it works.

4)Select the Advance tab, now type 587 for the outgoing port number. Then click OK

5)Click "Next" and then "Finish", and click Ok in the options box.

That's the quick instruction version of what to do. I may design a tutorial later.
Barbwyr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Sending e-mail using Outlook 2003 and Juno Reply with quote

I have repeatedly tried using Juno and Outlook together using both the old and new software on computers using Windows 98, ME and XP. I have never been able to get it to work.

Tonight I was again trying because Juno again went up in smoke. I've always liked the way the old Juno worked having access to my e-mail thru Juno's software, keeping and sending messages from my computer, but it has gotten more and more unstable.

I tried the changes that were listed and it still wouldn't work. I tried using 26 and 587. I am curious how you came up with 587. Is there somewhere to look for alternative Outgoing Server (SMTP) numbers to use?

Any help will be much appreciated as I am yet to be convinced that it is possible to use Outlook with Juno to send e-mail.
onebye

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: download juno into outlook or other e-mail program Reply with quote

Try this site...it works:
Code:
http://www.sicklesinsight.com/email-yourdomain-with-your-favorite-email-client/
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours