home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Cannot access my Yahoo inbox to read messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yorck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 17:49 pm    Post subject: yahoo mail problem Reply with quote

i tried setting the mtu .. but still after rebooting i get into the inbox.. i can compose a mail, i can change to the adresses.. and back. but after clickng on the "back to inbox" link.. it doesnt work anymore. if i then go to  www.yahoo.com  i am still signed in.. and it say welcomexxx.. sign out.. or check mail etc. but even then if i go on the link "check mail".. it doesnt work. Only after rebooting the notebook, do i have a chance of getting in again. but always only for a max of 2-3 times.
HEEELP!!! please..

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 17:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having this exact problem. i tried the MTU thing, but that hasn't worked. I've also e-mailed Yahoo! but am yet to hear back - if they do get back to me, i'll let you all know.
NTHNYBAIDOO

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: COOKIES REJECTED Reply with quote

I tried to check my mail but when I entered my ID and the password, it says cookies rejected. What are the steps to retrieve my mails. show me. I do not think I have been rejected on that same account forever? I don't want to sign in a new account. I have important documents to retrieve.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser are you using?
rey

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yahoo problem too. When I loggin, the page just turned all white. I return to yahoo home page, there I found that I was able to login. The Hi rey, sign out link were there. Also my new messages link but clicking on it would turn the page all white again. I was using MSIE and tried firefox but similar symptoms were still there. This started 2 days ago. Hope somebody can help. Frown
radar381964

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: yahoo mail access Reply with quote

i am having the same problem i am now locked out of my eamil it goes to a white screen and stop can anybody help

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm a guest, might register later after I see more about this forum Grin
What I see on my screen is slightly different from what I just read in related posts.

For the past two weeks I, too, have been having trouble with yahoo mail. I can get to yahoo.com, then to the screen when check mail can be selected. But when I click check mail, I get the screen with
Page Cannot Be Found
Cannot Find Server or DNS Error

Refresh sometimes helps (once or twice)
Using the BACK button 12-15 times sometimes helps (several times)

I see the page with mail for a split second, so it clearly opens, but then it gets replaced by the error page

I use WindowsXPhome-SP2, ZoneAlarm, Linksys router (MTU set set correctly looong time ago). In ZA, for yahoo mail, session and persistent cookies are allowed, private headers are allowed, nothing really changed that I can think of, yet recently something is being lost between the time I login and need to get to mail and I cannot figure out what.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 17:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check in your Linksys router setup that you have the two DNS IPs that your ISP gave you. Then in the computer, under networking, check that you have DNS enabled and you have 192.168.1.1 as the IP on the Gateway tab.

I just spent hours going thru my settings with Comcast and a Linksys router troubleshooting DNS errors where I couldn't get to a few sites.
giovanni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: unable to view inbox in Yahoo using IE, Netscape, & Firefox Reply with quote

When I bypass my Linksys router & connect my PC directly to the SBC EWIRE router, I can get into my Yahoo INBOX. As soon as I start using my Linksys 4 port switch DSL/Router, I can't view my inbox but can surf the net with no problem. After updating the firmware on my Linksys router, it fixed the problem.
LC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Same or similar problem Reply with quote

Can login to Yahoo mail but CAN'T get into inbox. Times out/ page not found. This just started happening last 3 days.

I have a home network with three computers, and cable internet. The cable modem connects to a Linksys router which in turn connects to a second Linksys router. (I need the 2nd router to accomodate the various Vonage phone/fax lines) Anyway two computers are connected to the first router, and my laptop is connected to the second router. ALL of the computers can get into Yahoo but NONE CAN get into the Inbox.

(Also, FWIW at the same time, my Outlook handling my Charter email account sends email v. slowly if at all.

I've searched the Internet for answers and can't seem to find a solution. Please someone, help us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 16:50 pm    Post subject: Fixed it Reply with quote

I have also been suffering with this issue, which just came up a few days ago. I've tried all of the previous suggestions: deleting cookies, deleting temp files, deleting history, changing MTUs - nothing worked. Thanks to one of the previous posters, I then went to the Linksys site and downloaded a firmware update and installed it. Voila! It works. I think the root issue might be that Yahoo has changed the length of the address reference for the inbox. The latest Linksys firmware fix deals with a "problem with long domain names". Give it a try.
LC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 17:30 pm    Post subject: Thank you "Guest"! Reply with quote

I'm off to Linksys and will post results.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 22:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are several guests, and I need to link to a message I posted, here it is - just couple above this one:
unregistered wrote:
Hi! I'm a guest, might register later after I see more about this forum Grin
I use WindowsXPhome-SP2, ZoneAlarm, Linksys router ...

Thank you for the suggestions. Great. But no luck.
I have not specified the router model previously. It is BFSR41v3 and the firmware upgrade1.05.00 is the last one in their download page. That one I've had since last summer. So I struck out here too.

Today it's looping out of control, I captured, in motion a wrong looking link, which changes with each attempt, for instance (the space after http is added here to break the link):
http: //us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?.rand=<here are random letters and numbers>. Clearly, there is no need to login, so something is wrong.

I just tried something goofy: I logged into Yahoo mail. Now instead of the normal click on Check mail I went into the address book. There is a button of sorts in the left upper corner saying Mail. I clicked that. This worked !! so I immediately saved the link into favorites, as it is completely different from what yahoo screen was displaying while it was looping.

Here is the link I saved  http://us.f318.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowFolder?rb=Inbox 
It makes sense.
So now I will login, and on the Check mail page, instead of clicking check mail, I go to my favorites, and get into the mail using this link.
I can't be 100% sure this will work always, as I just did the fix perhaps an hour ago. I will post a message if it fails.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 22:13 pm    Post subject: Linksys router Reply with quote

Hi again.

I'm the guest who reported success with a firmware update. My router is the model WRT54G, and I updated to firmware version 3.? (I forget the exact number - it's the latest version). This worked for me.
LC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 22:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I absolutely don't get it, but I clicked on the link that unregistered said was successful, got expired session page, what the heck, added it to favorites. Logged into Yahoo, clicked on inbox just to see, and it came up immediately. No rhyme. No reason. At least to me. (btw, I couldn't find an update for my linksys router model anyway (rt31p2).

But I've got to say I sure appreciate the kindly (and smart) advice on this forum. thank you all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 23:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray! I'm so glad someone could replicate Grin
LC, you got 'expired page' because you clicked on my link. Which is OK. But the normal (whatever it is) procedure will be
1. Login to your mail and proceed until you're on the screen where you can Check mail
2. Now use the link you saved in favorites.

Since posting this idea, I've gone in there several times. It didn't break yet. And I'm not a guy, but that's ok. This forum is cool, I like what i see and just might register.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 23:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again.
I kinda get it. When yahoo was going crazy, they were attempting to use some, in my opinion, totally wrong url. That other link found via the address book made sense in English - show inbox. The rest you know.
buva_murugan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: unable to acess my yahoo inbox Reply with quote

i am unable to acess my yahoo inbox. please suggest how to open it. what is the problem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 14:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i too have the same problem in getting to the inbox through my pc but through my cell phone using a wap browser i can acess my mail with no problems but
i still want to know hot to acess inbox from my pc other than a standard color cell phone.
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Unable to open my Yahoo inbox Reply with quote

I bought new Dell laptop last week and got the same problem "unable to open my Yahoo inbox". The computer is running Windows XP with IE 6.0 and XP service 2 was installed. I tried other email in this computer, for example, Hotmail. They have the same problem. The new computer installed the Norton firewall is installed.
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next