home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Cannot access my Yahoo inbox to read messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 23:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble Deleting my yahoo email one time because I was using a ad blocker called. All in one secretmaker.

It does seem like a ad blocking or spyware blocker problem. Not sure what is blocking the ad but some thing seems to be.

Try downloading Firefox browser to check your mail if it works you may like it.
 http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ 

When I tried to get my yahoo email with IE spybot gave me a message Doubleclick do you want to download/ I said no/ but still I got to my mail
OG1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: security settings are set to high - move back to ":medium" Reply with quote

Your security settings are set too high - move back to ":medium" and you will be able to access your Yahoo mail. Because of security concerns, Microsoft defaults initial settings too high to access some sites.

I have had this happen to me. However, NEVER set it lower than "medium".
Skeeter_Byte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 14:47 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm! Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with Yahoo mail as those posted earlier.
I have three machines connected to a home network through a D-Link router which is connected to my Bellsouth DSL modem. I just changed my ISP from Comcast Cable broadband to Bellsouth DSL. With Comcast all three machines could access Yahoo with no problems. I am able to access anything I want on the machine I set-up the DSL on but the other two I can not. I can't check Yahoo mail or run Windows Updates on them. I have tried connecting each individual machine to the modem (bypassing the router) and everything is fine. I have gone through each and every setting on the router and even reset it back to factory defaults. I still have the same results. One machine can do anything and the other two can't check mail at Yahoo or get Windows updates when they are not directly connected to the DSL modem. All 3 machines have XP with SP2 installed.
I have scratched my head and my bu** for several days trying to figure this one out. Still seeking a solution. HELP!!! Thanks.
OG1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 19:36 pm    Post subject: The problem is with your router - contact D-Link directly! Reply with quote

The problem is with your router - contact D-Link directly! You have not correctly set-up your PCs to work with your router.
Skeeter_Byte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 20:11 pm    Post subject: I figured out what I was doing wrong Reply with quote

As I posted earlier, I was only able to check my Yahoo mail on the machine I had orginally installed the Bellsouth DSL software on. The other two machines could not access the in Yahoo inbox. I have now installed the Bellsouth DSL software (set-up disk) on the other machines as well.
Now all three are connecting to Yahoo and are able to access the inbox.
Windows updates are working as well. The router was not the culprit.
The DSL software needed to be installed on all the machines. It still doesn't make sense to me why each machine was OK when connected to the DSL modem independently but now all are connecting through the router. The software must make a change to the registry that allows the modem to work properly with that machine. I hope this info will be of help to others that may be encountering the same problems I have had.

regards,
Skeeter Byte
OG1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 23:14 pm    Post subject: I assumed you installed the software on all your PCs. Reply with quote

I assumed you installed the software on all your PCs. Why would you install it on only one PC that is like having an operating system on a PC and hoping the router does the rest of the job with the other PCs - does not make any sense.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 14:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had Comcast software installed on one computer, my desktop. When that was taken to the shop I called Comcast. I DID NOT have to install the software on the other computers. Everything worked fine, I moved one notebook to the desk as my desktop replacement.
Maybe dsl is different but with a cable modem you don't have to install the software on all computers. (In fact, it isn't installed on any at present because I wiped my desktop when I got it back from the shop).
k2ski4me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 0:26 am    Post subject: I have same problem Reply with quote

I've seen this on 2 other systems and know for a fact that it has nothing to do with software firewalls or something installed on your system. Maybe related to a combination of things that I have yet to figure out.
I have tried everything from reloading with Windows 98 SE no firewalls or software installed AT all! Tried Windows 2000 Professional on the same system. Installed on new HDD and verified no viruses. This just so happens to be a friends PC I was trying to fix...My system works fine behind the same Bellsouth DSL modem attached to the same dlink wireless router. I have tried another ethernet card and different video card and memory. The only thing hardware left is the system board and processor. The person that owns does not have a router and uses a cable modem. I have flashed the Intel system board D815EEA to the latest BIOS and updated all drivers from Intel. Next plan is to maybe try another system board, processor and memory. I had a similar issue with Mcafee Internet Security Suite, but that is for another day. I'm beat !!! Good luck and see about emailing yahoo about this ?
digger

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, with DSL(or cable) and routers you almost never have to install the software. The software is just an easy to get the correct network settings. It can be done by hand too, but it has to be done somehow at least.

All these people saying they have the same problem: are you sure it is the same problem? If a problem is restricted to a single web page, and other pages work properly, it almost has to be a software problem. If the problem applies to all web pages (or more than just yahoo mail) then it is probably not the same problem as in the original post.

I second the firefox recommendation.
Yahoo_problem_1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 20:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the same problem and i have done all the possible things and now i am planning to restore my notebook again. I use Bellsouth DSL connection with Netgear Wireless Router. My other laptop works fine. This one was working fine before i restored it. After i have restored it.. Yahoo Mail inbox, Hotmail and Windows Update sites are not working.
confused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 19:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have the same problem and i have fire fox and it still wont work!!! it started when i lost my isp connection the i got it back and no yahoo for like 2 weeks then all the sudden it started working again..then we lost isp again and now im back in the same boat...but i can check it on another comp in the house and it works and we are all on the same router
bk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: yahoo email problem Reply with quote

I've had the same exact problem for several weeks. 3 PC's running on the router with only one affected by the yahoo email problem. I finally released the IP address and reset the router. This did the trick, if you have multiple PC's connected to the router make sure they are all off when you reset.
Zher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 13:20 pm    Post subject: Lower MTU to fix the problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem in my home network. Three computers on it, one W2KPro, one Win98, one FreeBSD.

It happened that on the FreeBSD box I had another problem related to the MTU size, so I setup that computer with a specific MTU (1460) in this case. Everything was working ok on all the computers, but suddenly the yahoo inbox quit working on both Win computer, but not on the FreeBSD one, so I started to look around for a possible problem, and found out the suggestion to lower the MTU to fix the problem, that seemed logic to me as the FreeBSD has a lower than standard MTU value and it works on it, so I changed it on both win machines and voilą, everything started to work as usually, so I can confirm that a change (lower) the MTU value can help on this situation.

By the way, Windows Update was not working on the Win98 computer either, and it is now after the change too.
evolnimi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 18:34 pm    Post subject: solution... cuz it work for me Reply with quote

http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe 

Click on that link and a window would come up to ask you to SAVE or OPEN, click on OPEN and you would see another window and at the bottom right hand side you would see a space that says MTU..you have to put 1492, then on the left side of that where it says adapter settings make you have the correct adapter selected, then clink on save and then exit and reboot your PC and tried one more time to access your hotmail and yahoo account and let us know..
StuR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Cannot access Yahoo Inbox Link Reply with quote

I too have this problem whereby I cannot use the Inbox link (and lots of other links/buttons on the mail part of the Yahoo site).
I have a Win98SE machine - works OK using dial up. Using my Win XP Pro machine (different modem card but same dial up connection) and it does not work.
So I have changed ISP's from virgin to tiscali ISP and hey presto I can at last look at my yahoo Inbox. One thing to note is that I have created my old Virgin ISP Internet connection using the wizard provided in XP and transferred my old Virgin connection to my new PC using this method. I am now going to try and re-create my old Virgin connection on the XP maxhine manually and see if this makes a difference.
Ps I also tried installing JVm's (a hint from a old IT colleague) but this didn't solve the problem. and also lots of other things in this discussion - hope this helps............
raja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: yahoo ibox not able to open Reply with quote

dear Brother, pls use alt browser. and scan ur pc fully with new worm remover. this is a purly virus issue . ur browser and its protocal binding components may corrupted.
dbsk1969

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: It worked Reply with quote

Thanks evolnimi...
I followed your instruction and it worked...
I set the MTU size of my adapter, wireless and wired, to 1492.

Thanks again

Shiny
wires

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 14:17 pm    Post subject: mtu 1492 Reply with quote

I tried everything everyone suggested. The last thing I tried was to follow the instructions for changing the mtu to 1492. I rebooted and the mail came right up. Thanks a million. You guys are great.
Raj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: f84.uk.mail.yahoo.com... could not access mails from yahoo Reply with quote

As per some suggestions in this thread

Set MTU to 1492

Reboot the machine.
Now you could access Mails from Yahoo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 22:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem also, but not only with yahoo, but hotmail also. I was researching this on the web, and i came across several threads that said the problem was with your router. I have windows xp, and a netgear wireless router. everyone i came across also had a wireless router and windows xp (usually professional) and some kind of broadband connection. the problem is something with the MTU numbers of your router. though contrary to the last post, i was told to raise the MTU number, which you can do through a program called dr tcp. or, if you could find a way to access the internet AROUND your router you're good as gold. i cannot, and ive been tweaking my MTUs around a little. i got hotmail to work at 1500 MTUs, however yahoo is still not working. im still doing research but i hope this can be of some help to you.
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next