home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Is it the monitor or my eyes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Is it the monitor or my eyes? Reply with quote

I bought a KDS CRT monitor 6 months ago. I recently noticed that text on the extreme left of the screen looks compressed and warped for about one inch in. I have tried to adjust the monitor every which way but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
orillia3

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a misalignment or defect in the deflection system of the CRT. Adjustment or repair is beyond the capablity of most people.

I would suggest you find a test pattern for monitors. I have some in my "favorites" but cannot immediately find them. Every CRT has minor misalignment but yours sound more severe.

Of course it could be your eyes. distortion in both eyes on one side of your field of vision are symptoms of a stroke. You will need a head catscan and a cholester oil check. Smile If it just in one eye probably a retina problem.
orillia3

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.computer-repair.com/monitortesting.htm 

Here are some tests. My favorite one seems no longer available on the internet.
dannyboy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 19:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this sounds kinda weird, but I had a similar problem, and found that slowing the monitor refresh rate from 75 Hertz to 72 Hertz fixed it.
It only takes a minute to try it. On my PC the option is at: Control Panel --> Display --> Settings --> Advanced --> Monitor --> and then a dropdown box. If this works, you will probably have to use your monitor hardware buttons to re-center the screen.
Dan Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Help, Tips & Tricks   All times are GMT - 5 Hours