home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 18:18 pm
Post  Title: GoBigWest.com should be named S_l_o_wBigWest.com

zabot

After being with this isp for about four years, I finally feel the need to move on to another.

Connection speeds [u]were[/u] in the 44 Kbps range for the first three years (NOT fast...but, still, satisfactory for my needs).

For the last four months, I am only able to connect at 26.4 Kbps or even slower. This will go on for days/weeks. When I contact the tech people, they tell me that 'it must be your phone line'. I know that this is BOGUS, as there will be an interval of a day or two that connections are being made at 44 Kbps.

They have dropped half of the connection phone numbers in this area in the last month (SW Washington state).

I'm seeking a replacement isp, as of right now.
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 23:29 pm
Post  Title: http://www.gobigwest.com/

prettiefly

I've been with them now for a few years, after all of the fun with the free isp's...still goin' strong. The 24/7 help can come in handy. I know there are lower priced isp's but I have had no problems with them. That said, I do wish they had a better, more user friendly email set up, and more numbers in my area would be nice too...still, I do recommend them. Thanks Freedomlist for the tip on them!
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 19:57 pm

Terryindenver
They deduct their fees automatically from you account.

They just raised my fees about half.

They are no longer 5.95.

They didn't notify me just reached into my account and took the money.

Very unhappy.
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:00 am
Post  Title: Raising to $8.95 per month

Lazz
This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 15:49 pm
Post  Title: Re: ABout go big west

Frank

mikey4yu wrote:
I have been with go big west for about three months..no real problems, matter of fact for a "cheap"dial up service they are great. however (there is always a however)when I log on to gobigwest it tells me I have been connected to go bigwest.That is not true I then have to click on the internet explorer icon on my desk top to get the go bigwest site. Does anyone know how I can avoid this extra step it is getting annoying. Thanks

Hello mikey4yu,

If you go to your Internet Options from the Windows control panel, and click on the connection tab, you should be able to put a dot in front of "always dial my default connection" (make sure your default connection is GoBigWest). With this option, all you have to do is start Internet Explorer and it will ask you to connect to GoBigWest, click the connect button and your home page should come up.

If you have any problems setting that up, please contact the free technical support line (1-866-335-0006) and they will be glad to help you. You can also access the dial-up help section from GoBigWest's site which is full of info.

aci-john wrote:
You will need a dialer from them that manages your connection, and...

This is not true, the dialer software is not required, and we actually push our customers to use their operating system's dial-up features.

Hope this helped.

Frank
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 21:17 pm
Post  Title: Re: ABout go big west

aci-john

Most customers actually dont want their isps software these days....

You will need a dialer from them that manages your connection, and then opens your default browser for you. It will also do some other things, Im sure.
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 13:28 pm
Post  Title: ABout go big west

mikey4yu
I have been with go big west for about three months..no real problems, matter of fact for a "cheap"dial up service they are great. however (there is always a however)when I log on to gobigwest it tells me I have been connected to go bigwest.That is not true I then have to click on the internet explorer icon on my desk top to get the go bigwest site. Does anyone know how I can avoid this extra step it is getting annoying. Thanks
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:42 am
Post  Title: Re: Unlimited

daawgon wrote:
All I know is what I read - from their site:

Gobigwest Internet Service Includes:

* Unlimited Dial-up Connection
* Access to the Hotspotzz Wi-Fi Network
* 15 Email Adresses
* Spam and Virus Filter
* Family Safe Surfing Filter
* 100MB of Webspace
* 3,400 Dialup Numbers
* Free 24x7x365 Customer Support

http://www.gobigwest.com/holidays 

I had a live chat with a customer service rep from Gobigwest.Nice guy!Answered all my questions.

There is a 6 hour session limit,and 20 minute idle time out-I can live with that if i'm not getting knocked off line.I do have a question? lets say i am reading an article for 15 minutes.Can I reload the page after 15 minutes,and then the 20 minute idle starts again?

Yes-5 dollar set up fee,but the 150 hour limit can be reset,so gives you another 150,if you need the time
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 21:22 pm
Post  Title: Clarification on 150 hour limit

GoBigWestRocks
I am a tech for GoBigWest and the issue with the 150 hour limit is used for various reasons. I cannot get into all of them right now. But if you happen to use more than 150 hours in any given month all you have to do is call us and we will reset your username and you will be reconnected within 10 minutes, NO EXTRA CHARGES. It really is UNLIMITED service, we just have to reset the username. Free 24/7 tech support (located in the U.S. WE ARE GOBIGWEST not a third party telemarketing call center.), free access to hundereds of Hotspotzz locations all over North America incl. Hawaii. This is a service that cannot be beat.
Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:36 am

groach

An excellent ISP. I have not had the first problem with this ISP. My connections are 40,000 BPS and so far as high as 45,333 BPS. This is great for the area in Indiana in which I live.
Would highly recommend this ISP
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 21:57 pm
Post  Title: GBW's Rocket Acceleration-

Jaybee
Have used GOBIGWEST for almost a year...my e-mail was never worth using, so I used other e-mail. Thought I would try the Rocket fast service for an extra $3.50 a month, ordered it and tried to have it installed. Three different "experts" tried over a complete Sunday to have it work right. The last expert got so excited that when I disagreed with him on telling me that I was wrong on something that I have always done that he said "do you want to cancel?" I said "Yes" IF you cannot get me connected so that I can use it...he cacelled the service. I ask him if he was going to refund my $3.50? He said Yes. Well I am in my second month after this conversation and they have Not Refunded. I suppose the BIG Corp. needs $3.50 to keep alive and screw the little guy. I cancelled my ISP service and now have a much better service with Rocket service and Nice People To Work With. So be advised to not take them at their word on refunds.
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 23:09 pm
Post  Title:

Eagle_Kiwi

Another refugee from access4less, my partner and I checked other options painstakingly. GoBigWest looked very good indeed - UNTIL we came to this forum, then were directed to the "small print" !? <lol> deep in the Terms Of Service:
Quote:
The Company reserves the right to disconnect users who are idle or have been connected for an exorbitant amount of time (approximately in excess of 150 hours per month, the general industry standard for determining abuse, or an excessive use per day exceeding a normal work day).
I see that Frank has "clarified" that in this forum, and shown a valid-looking "workaround" - but we were nervous to jump in to an ISP that makes MASSIVE use of the term "unlimited" everywhere on their site, with no qualification, but then tucks something like this way way inside somewhere.
I think GoBigWest oversells itself, and I wonder what other features REALLY have downsides that are not clearly admitted ?

So we went elsewhere. Frown
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 20:23 pm

davidburmer
yes,whatshername,I did everything that gobigwest's tech support told me to do.
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 22:34 pm
Post  Title: gobigwest connection problem

whatshername
Hey davidburmer, did you put your login info as your ???

When I first signed up with gobigwest, I didn`t put the @gobigwest.com after my username and had a similar problem. Hope this helps.
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 18:12 pm

davidburmer
I will miss access4less. Frown They will quit may 20.I signed up for Gobigwest and could not connect to them,even after three phone calls to them,so I cancelled.The problem was on their end but they would not admit it. shock
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:36 am

whatshername
"Knock on wood"  www.gobigwest.com  has been an excellent service for me. I have used them for quite some time and the service has been excellent. The service far outshines any company even ones that are $20 or more a month. I also like the fact that if I do have a problem I can call them up and actually get a live human being and not a recording or no help at all. The phone call is free unlike some other cheap isp`s who charge you. All in all I would highly recommend gobigwest and knock on wood the service will stay great.
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:22 pm
Post  Title: Re: free call wave

lazz wrote:
While looking over old emails..I found one from gobigwest which stated that they were giving their customers free call wave caller id...
Has any one used this service? Is it really free? :

The free callwave is just a trial offer to get you to sign up for callwave. It's not free ongoing. But if you just have one phone line callwave is certainly worth it.
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 18:50 pm

JasonO
Using gobigwest service now for 8 months and have had EXELLENT service. all problems were resolved by the free customer support line with a REAL PERSON on the other end. i recommend this service to all who are fed up with access4less like i was about 8 months ago.
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 21:20 pm
Post  Title: gobigwest

newgobigwestcustomer
So far I have had no major problems with GoBigWest. The web accelarator is alittle overrated though. I'm thinking about dumping it because the speed difference is is not worth $4 more a month. I've also had some minor problems with using outlook express 6.0 through thier server. Not sure why I can receive email but not send it for some reason. Still seems like a good ISP for the price. My connection speed has been running around 28.8kbs
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:13 am
Post  Title: DSL

The parent company of  www.gobigwest.com  is Sisna, Inc. -  www.sisna.com  (all services offered).
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next