home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Hershey Bars With MAGGOTS!!(TRUE STORY)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavenbound1003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 20:50 pm    Post subject: Hershey Bars With MAGGOTS!!(TRUE STORY) Reply with quote

This is a Copy of a Letter I sent to Hershey, Sambrone and his 10 year old daughter went into a rite aid on fathers day with her allowence Chelsie bought a 8oz hershey bar with almonds the bonus bar and got more then almonds she found 2 LIVE MAGGOTS in her Wrapper, I Guess that was the Bonus??? We went back to the Store and they said this has happened before and they sent the chocolate back to hershey, I called hershey and they wanted to send chelsie coupons for more chocolate?? Can you believe that?? She is so traumitized she doesn't want Hershey chocolate ever again! So instead they said a teddy bear or a tee shirt and a book on INFESTATION so i can explain it to her?? come on now Hershey this is a 10 Year Old!! They said they won't be calling me back just sending out this package?? They tried to blame Rite Aid or the Shipping Co. of course they won't take the blame!! I don't care who's fault it was it was Hershey's Candy Bar! Pass this along and PLEASE BEWARE IF YOU BUY A HERSHEY CHOCOLATE BAR, THERE MIGHT BE MAGGOT EGGS IN IT!!! Here is a copy of the letter I send to them.

To whom it may concern,

I called your 1-800 number and spoke with crystal about a problem i am having, My 10 year old daughter went into a rite aid store (store#4659), and bought a 8oz bonus hershey bar with almonds brought it home and there were LIVE MAGOTS in it. I immeadialty took the bar back to the store, they gave her a refund, and a bag of skiddles and are investagating the matter they told me the manager that this has happend before and they had to return tons of candy back to the hershey plant. This is unacceptable and when i spoke with crystal all she offered me was an appology and some cupons which my daughter chelsie didn't want, so she offered us a teddy bear and a book on infestation so i could explain it to my daughter, she is 10 how can i explain "MAGOTS" to a 10 year old?? I have proof that this happend from the store as it has happened there before, This is very traumatising to her and myself as i won't be able to eat chocolate for along time now wondering if there is magot eggs on it and she gag's when she thinks of chocolate bars and the magots. I want this problem recitifed and I want alittle more then a teddy bear, i want proof that is being investaged and a call when it is taken care of, if need be i will contact an attorney or the health dept or the media. I know that you can do alittle better than a teddy bear to make my daughter feel better. Crystal(The Rep) said the teddy bear was a curtosiy?? a Curtosiy for finding a magot in YOUR candy bar?? I don't care at this point where it came from shipping or the hershey factory all i know is me and my daughter are gagging everytime we think of this. I thought Hershey cared about Kids and there Products and stood behind there products. This isn't a little thing to put under the carpet this is MAGOTS, that could make a child or adult deathly ill if eaten plus what about the magot eggs?? How would you feel if it was your child, seroulsy think about it or maybe if it was YOU that opened that wrapper you would want something done too. Please let me know how YOU feel this matter can be recitfied. Thank you Very much for your time.

WHAT DO YOU FOLKS THINK ABOUT THIS??

KyleLC23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 21:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget hershey chocolate, go with nestle chocolate! They stuff their choclate with roaches Smile JK

If I were you I would sue. You can get alot of money out of big companies like this becasue they would rather pay you a few thousand dollars than have their name on the news saying they have bugs in thier choclate, which would make them lose thousands of customers.

Thanks, Kyle
Corrine

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 21:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck! Cathy, that is terrible! Its one thing for an adult, but a 10-year old spending their allowance is much worse. Poor Chelsie.

Take a walk through my Security Garden
bruce bailey

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 0:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dove (mars) is better chocolate anyway. Nestle's is second.
orillia3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 0:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely remembered this tale and checked Snopes.com to find if origin is true. Strangely I could not find comment on the subject. More research seems it appears to be caused by a moth pest.

See a similar situation where a contaminated Hershey bar caused a lawsuit.
 http://131.104.232.9/fsnet/2001/10-2001/fsnet_october_14.htm 
[Note on the same page that the contaminated Orillia water was caused by faulty testing equipment. The water was o.k.]

More on the moths:
 http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7f.htm 
 http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7d.htm 

As former US president Ronald Reagan said "Trust, but verify" about nuclear arsenals also might be applied to checking of chocolate bars before eating.
Boz

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welome aboard, Cathy!
Deborah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my husband (now deseased) was in law school, there was a case in which a rat was found in a batch of KFC. It was breaded and fried and poisoned too. shock

We never ate the stuff again. Razz

Deb+
char

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any product you buy, if the wrapping is not sealed can get infested.

I never could understand Hersheys' method of wrapping candy bars. A paper sleeve with the bar wrapped in foil. I never buy their bars unless I get the sealed bag of miniatures.

An ex-boyfriend who was qute a practical joker, slid the foil wrapped bars out of the paper...and I think you can guess the rest... Yeah, that is one of the reasons he is an ex boyfriend
Twirp22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 17:07 pm    Post subject: Maggots in my Kinney's Brand Candy Bar Reply with quote

I had a similar thing just happen to me. I bought 6 Kinney's Brand Milk Chocolate with Almonds, when i got home i took a bite of one and started eating it.....when i looked down i saw several maggots crawling out and around this candy bar i immediately spit out what was in my mouth i hope i don't get sick.... I am hoping to settle this out of court but they only offered me a $15 gift card to there store it is going to take more than that!!!! I am sure i could get way more in court. shock Mad
webmaster

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 17:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should talk to the lawyer Wink
hotx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 18:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can prove the bar came from hershey that way, then yes I agree sue them. However, I used to work at a grocery store and you should see what the store itself does to alot of food. Most food does not come from the manufacturer that way, the store causes it.
Deborah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 18:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably a bunch of happy maggots Big Grin

I go for the great chocolate made in France or Belgium.

Deb+

Last edited by Deborah on Thu Feb 05, 2004 23:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
digger

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 21:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I go for the great chocolate made in France or Beligum.

Definitely. We get some Belgian chocolate (from a grocery store called "trader Joe's" a 500gram package that they call "pound plus") It might not be the greatest in the world, but it is the same price as Hershey's and the difference is like night and day.
Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 22:34 pm    Post subject: Hershey's Reply with quote

If this is the worst thing that ever happenes to the youngster, she'll be really lucky!

Get a grip, folks. Smile
sue shady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 23:44 pm    Post subject: i disagree Reply with quote

your the parasite, people/conmen like you make their living by inventing urban legeons like this that thrive off people's fears. The girl didnt even eat the chocolate. How is money (which the posters is obviously only concerened about) going to resolve anything? Why sue? Just ask for a theapist for your wacked out kid that is afriad of bugs. While your at it when she goes outside and drops her lolipop and a ant starts nibbling on it, better check the rapper for someone else to sue. Geez people, bugs are a part of life, when sending out millions and millions of candy bars i'm sure somthing like this will happen eventually, and i'm positive it is not Hersey's intention to ever feed a child a maggot.
Rearden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 0:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that happened to me I'd think "Hmmph. That's gross.", throw it in the trash, and GET ON WITH MY LIFE. Some of us have more significant things to deal with and better ways to spend our time than spamming message boards to whine about gagging at the thought of chocolate.
sue shady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 18:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did find evidence of other people opening maggot infested hershey bars, however I still stick to my prior statements.
EasyriderFL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 0:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little extra protein in yer diet is a good thing... I mean I been drinkin' mescal for years and there's always a worm in the bottle... Big Grin

Cool
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General   All times are GMT - 5 Hours