home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:10 am
Post  Title: Cant Access account

mack20007
After using their service for several months, suddenly one day I was not able to access their service and get on the net. I used one of the AOL disks that come in the mail I had saved. I went to their webpage via this link, and found a note that if you have excessive usage you account will be deactivated, but when you sign up, as you will note in the comparisons, it says access is unlimited. You get no warning. You just cant access your account one day. Since I used the six months pament in advance of $33.00, apparently I'm out the remaining balance. I do not recommend this ISP. Mad Mad Frown Mad
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:12 am
Post  Title:

biffdude
My connections were getting slower and slower and it was getting harder and harder to connect until on day it just quit connecting altogether. I contacted support numerous times and all they would do was to tell me to check my username, password, and phone number. Well, I had checked these things probably 30 times. Nothing had changed since the last time it worked. They would not even spend 5 minutes to look into the problem. They wanted me to spend $5 on a support phone call when the problem was at their end.

After 5 weeks of not being able to use the internet and waiting for them to do SOMETHING, I had to sign up for another service.

P.S. Their 'toll-free' support number is not toll-free... and the 'cancel account' link on their web page will not lead to account cancellation. I tried three times... I was told I have to call the "toll-free" number.
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 20:41 pm
Post  Title: Re: Usage log errors...

unregistered wrote:

Usually hours are based upon a rolling 30 day average and not ie...150 hours a month. You might want to ask that question first. If you are bumping your head up on 150 hours you might want to consider a 200 plan instead just to cover your usuage comfortably.

Their terms of service do not mention a rolling average. The usage logs are set from a particular date (mine is the 27th) of each month and 150 hrs is the limit. Of course, this still doesnt explain the overlapping and double log entries. 550access support closed my ticket on this and I reopened it.

Their log says I have 10 hours left, I say I have 20. This is more of a trust issue than about the money. I go out of my way to budget my time with my own logging software. The least they could do is fix the problem instead of closing the ticket.

Another issue I have is this statement on their website:
"Proactive Support is the latest feature that 550Access has introduced to ensure a trouble free experience for our customers. With Proactive Support we know automatically if any of our customers are unable to connect to our service and we call you back to make sure that your problem gets resolved. With Proactive Support you do not have to call us. We will know you are having trouble and we will take care of you. "

What call? I haven't been taken care of yet.
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:30 am
Post  Title: Re: Usage log errors...

sirfelix wrote:
I was told tonight that my 691 errors are from exceeding my 150 hours, but I track my usage electronically on my desktop and it shows I have time left.

So I checked my usage log on their website and found errors, like overlapping of time and double listings. Like these:
Date: Login time: Usage:
10/17/2004 6:11:00 AM 4 Hrs.59 Min.
10/17/2004 6:12:00 AM 4 Hrs.59 Min.
10/17/2004 9:09:00 AM 2 Hrs.56 Min.
10/17/2004 3:18:00 PM 1 Hrs.10 Min.
10/17/2004 3:19:00 PM 1 Hrs.10 Min.

I have been with 550 for a long time and they provide great service for the price, but stuff like this bugs me. I have notified them tonight, as I am locked our of my account. I will post again with their solution.

Usually hours are based upon a rolling 30 day average and not ie...150 hours a month. You might want to ask that question first. If you are bumping your head up on 150 hours you might want to consider a 200 plan instead just to cover your usuage comfortably.
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 0:16 am
Post  Title: Usage log errors...

sirfelix
I was told tonight that my 691 errors are from exceeding my 150 hours, but I track my usage electronically on my desktop and it shows I have time left.

So I checked my usage log on their website and found errors, like overlapping of time and double listings. Like these:
Date: Login time: Usage:
10/17/2004 6:11:00 AM 4 Hrs.59 Min.
10/17/2004 6:12:00 AM 4 Hrs.59 Min.
10/17/2004 9:09:00 AM 2 Hrs.56 Min.
10/17/2004 3:18:00 PM 1 Hrs.10 Min.
10/17/2004 3:19:00 PM 1 Hrs.10 Min.

I have been with 550 for a long time and they provide great service for the price, but stuff like this bugs me. I have notified them tonight, as I am locked our of my account. I will post again with their solution.
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:34 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
You have that wrong - the stats you are looking out show how many times a particular FAQ has been VIEWED!
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:24 am
Post  Title: Careless Stats?

Check this out. Apparantley there are a few complaints. Seem to be a lot of cancelation requests? Nice to leave your stats all over the place ain't it?

http://esupport.secureserverinternet.com/esupport/index.php 

Popular Knowledgebase Topics Views
1. Cancel Account 575
2. How to chage/update Credit Card info 318
3. Slow Speeds 251
4. Error 650: Server not Responding 188
5. How to get diffrent Access nubmers 188
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 15:10 pm
Post  Title: Re: http://550access.com/google.html

guest wrote:
This service started out pretty good, but has been disappointing lately. The connection speed has slowed, and I'm starting to get disconnected more frequently than I used to.

That is normal for this time of year. Loads get high on internet because more people are using it for christmas shopping. My cable goes out all the time and so did my dsl when I had it. Dialup was and is still more dependable in my mind. shock
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 14:18 pm
Post  Title: 550internet

annie
I've used 550Access for four months now with very good results. I get fast hookups but am limited by my lousy phone line.
Technical support leaves something to be desired although it depends on which technician you happen to get. Like all isp's sometimes you get a good one and sometimes a bad one. Shiny
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 22:57 pm
Post  Title: http://550access.com/google.html

This service started out pretty good, but has been disappointing lately. The connection speed has slowed, and I'm starting to get disconnected more frequently than I used to.
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:35 am
Post  Title: Re: Ring around the B.S. (revisited).

fuzzbutt

Quote:
It seems to me as if AOL must be desperate for business, considering all the CD's they're trying to shove in people's faces. My trash can is full of 'em. LOL

I use them for coasters. It gets a few chuckles and they work pretty well.
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 22:43 pm
Post  Title: Ring around the B.S. (revisited).

Angry
Obviously, the individual who sarcastically called me "genius" has never even tried a budget ISP. There are actually some pretty darn good ones out there (Go Big West, All2EZ, etc), that put corporate big-shots to shame in more ways than one. In today's poor economy, it makes little sense to shell out big bucks for a service that you can get for pocket change. Of course, it's your money. If you want to pay nearly four times as much for a cheap frill ride, then be my guest. It seems to me as if AOL must be desperate for business, considering all the CD's they're trying to shove in people's faces. My trash can is full of 'em. LOL
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 13:41 pm
Post  Title: Re: Usually a slow load mean you are infected with spyware.

HelpAgainPlease
HelpHowDoIClean wrote:
OG1 wrote:
Usually a slow load mean you are infected with spyware. Clean your PC and try again.

Appreciate your helping other guy, and could use advice myself, please. What's the best way to check PC for spyware -- both as an on-going practice, and when you drop services like AOL and NetZero? Thanks.

Back again for more help ... Requested above since read on FL that AOL/NZ/etc are hard to get rid of entirely & can leave 'spyware' on computer. Is Adaware good downlload? Been off-line for couple years & need guidance! Also,any preferred (free) web accellerator? have Windows XP. thanks again
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:04 am
Post  Title: Re: Usually a slow load mean you are infected with spyware.

HelpHowDoIClean
OG1 wrote:
Usually a slow load mean you are infected with spyware. Clean your PC and try again.

Appreciate your helping other guy, and could use advice myself, please. What's the best way to check PC for spyware -- both as an on-going practice, and when you drop services like AOL and NetZero? Thanks.
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 21:03 pm
Post  Title: http://550access.com/google.html

Howard
I signed up and tried 3 days to get online without any success. I filled out a trouble ticket and waited 24 hours without any response and then canceled. It seems like nothing but a scam.
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:08 am
Post  Title: Re: Ring around the B.S.

Angry wrote:
Although 550 access has speedy, dependable connections, I fail to be impressed by their tech support staff, who deliberately fabricated stories about certain issues I had with them, which were later corrected. Unfortunately, I fail to find them dependable as far as what they say they will do, and what they will actually do to assist their customers. Without going into specific detail, I would have to honestly say that I can no longer trust them as a reliable ISP in terms of customer support, and vow never to sign up with them again. That's all I have to say. Frown

It's $5 bucks, you get what you pay for genius. If you want good customer support or you can't figure out how to use the Internet on your own, stop being cheap and go join the AOL circus and pay your $20 bucks a month.
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 17:12 pm
Post  Title: Ring around the B.S.

Angry
Although 550 access has speedy, dependable connections, I fail to be impressed by their tech support staff, who deliberately fabricated stories about certain issues I had with them, which were later corrected. Unfortunately, I fail to find them dependable as far as what they say they will do, and what they will actually do to assist their customers. Without going into specific detail, I would have to honestly say that I can no longer trust them as a reliable ISP in terms of customer support, and vow never to sign up with them again. That's all I have to say. Frown
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 0:05 am
Post  Title: Very Annoying

Grudge
I already used Adaware 6.0 to remove the spyware, but I still have trouble accessing their website.
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 17:36 pm
Post  Title: Usually a slow load mean you are infected with spyware.

OG1
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 15:42 pm
Post  Title: Re: Very annoying tech support!

Boz
Administrator
550access site seems to be loading okay for me.
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next