home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 22:10 pm
Post  Title:

curious john

plodr wrote:
Let's see if I'm up to speed on this. Walmart Connect is now Netscape Connect (which bought up Compuserve) and is run by AOL!
 http://www.wmconnect.com/membercenter/public/terms.jsp 

If this costs $14.95/month, we can drop Walmart Connect from the $10 and under ISP list.
I love this [..]

Ummm, AOL bought up Compuserve many years ago. Walmart Connect was cheap version of Compuserve. Far as I know you can no longer sign up for Walmart Connect. You can sign up for isp.Netscape.com which is current low end offering by AOL meant to compete with Netzero and the like.  http://www.getnetscape.com/compareplans.adp  Only their premium service is $14.95, otherwise if you buy year at time guess you can get it as cheap as $6.95 per month. If you buy month to month, its $9.95 for regular service.

By way you can get full blown AOL dialup for $9.95 per month on month to month basis nowdays since AOL changed marketing strategies last summer. If you really want AOL dialup then that is probably the way to go rather than Netscape.
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 19:49 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
Let's see if I'm up to speed on this. Walmart Connect is now Netscape Connect (which bought up Compuserve) and is run by AOL!
 http://www.wmconnect.com/membercenter/public/terms.jsp 

If this costs $14.95/month, we can drop Walmart Connect from the $10 and under ISP list.
I love this [quote]Prices and payment methods for the access plan are provided to you when you register.[.quote] They won't let you look at a price until you register. I avoid any sites like that.

Contact info
Quote:
Netscape Connect
P.O. Box 17100
Jacksonville, FL 32245-7100
Telephone: 1-888-855-0942
If you don't like the changes in fees or billing methods, you may cancel your membership at any time, but we will not refund any remaining portion of the basic rate you paid for the Service before you cancel your membership. If you have joined the Service under any special promotion, such as a trial member, you should understand that your free promotion must be used within the time period specified in the offer. To avoid being charged a membership fee, you must cancel your account before the end of that promotion.

Contact Information

The answers to many common billing questions can be found by selecting "Accounts and Billing" or "Keyword: BILLING" or by contacting a customer service representative at 1-888-855-0942.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 18:42 pm
Post  Title: http://www.walmart.com/walmartconnect/

idahoRay

For those who are getting a new comp with Vista Premuim on it and you have Walmart Connect ISP...now know as Netscape Connect, You will find out when you go to install it..it will tell you to call for a cd and they will tell you it is not compatiable... There is a way to download it. First of all download from Walmart Connect download site and save install to your desktop.. after that right click on setup icon and go to properties. Click on Compatibilty... check off RUN THIS PROGRAM COMPATIBILTY MODE FOR and use Windows XP service pack 2. Then click apply then ok.. You then can install it... After you install it you need to right click on Walmart Connect icon and do the same as you did to install it for it to work.. I have HAD no problems with it for 2 months.if you do let me know.. Maybe i can help.. When i call Netscape and they told me that it cannot be done..that when i found how to make it worked and called them back told them.. they are not wanting to tell people about this they say they know it can be done and will not work and if theres a problem down the road they most likly cannot help you with your issue.. think they are full of it and trying to get people to switch to Netscape itself.. But thats just my Opinion....Now i am not sure if it works with other Vista but does with Vista Premuim good luck.... Cool

Last edited by idahoRay on Fri Mar 30, 2007 22:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am
Post  Title: I'm Getting a WSAStartup error before logging in...

wadeohio

This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 15:31 pm
Post  Title: Re: wmconnect

2006me

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 13:45 pm
Post  Title: walmart connect wmconnect.com 9.94/mo

bullpup

wmconnect.com is a great browser, especially for people leaving and used to AOL. It owned by aol and wmconnect is exactly like AOL 7.0. It works great from anywhere I have used it via dial up and DSL at home. Anyone paying aol 24.00 for the same thing you can get for 9.94 a month should re-think. They recently switched over to netscape but everything works the same. I have had wmconnect for 5 years with 5 screen names w/o problems.
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 17:22 pm
Post  Title: Re: wmconnect

2006me

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 20:02 pm
Post  Title: wal mart connect

2006me

i got the c d from wal mart for the 700 minutes free to try the service..it was horrible and kept cutting me off right in the middle of looking something up. then when they called to ask how i liked the service...i told her it *** and i would not keep the service when the free trial was up...i still had alot of time left but they cut me off in 5 minutes after the phone call.
i figured that was it because if i wasnt using their service, i knew they werent going to bill me anything..ha ha..ya right!, the --------- have continued to bill my bank account for two months( while i was trying to get the bank to not pay them. and talking to them over and over. so the bank gave me back the money wm took out, but then wm had the nerve to send me a bill in the mail and had the nerve to say i owed them more than what the amount would have been if i paid them the 2 months.

what i did was, cut up my atm card and orded a new one, they have continued to cause computer problems because i cant get them totally off my system..i took them off of everything i could but my new server said its thru the phone line..soooooooi changed my phone number today..i'll let you know if thats the thing to do..
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 19:32 pm
Post  Title: wm.netscape.com

BluesBaby

I had the same problem with customer service. East Indians can be so rude, not be mention unintelligable. Ya can't understand what they're saying and they can't understand English either.
They kept billling me for several months after I was PROMISED by the rep that my service would be disconnected. The ONLY way out is to change the credit card or debit card number they are charging. Trust me. This will put a stop to their chicanery.
However, I still might consider going back again if I can find a CD at a local Walmart, since it's AOL 6.0 relabled, and I love the e-mail and IM service that is the same aol software and very user friendly.
The customer service is the only real beef I had with them.
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 0:20 am
Post  Title: wmconnect

laurah1939

I used wmconnect with no problems until I upgraded to WindowsXP. I was told I would receive a Service Pack from them, to install it and it would "fix Everything" and he would give me FREE month. It has now been 3 months and no service pack and no free month. I'm still being billed. I have removed wmconnect from my computer but just received Aug. charge. I live on Medicare and cant afford to keep paying them. I received a letter to end service in June have signed and returned it to them and still am being billed. Does any one have any suggestions how I can end this? Frown Frown
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 15:32 pm
Post  Title: Walmart cancel process

eazygoinjr

Haven't used my account in couple years so called to cancel. Was put on hold twice and second time talked to an Indian who refused to listen that I didn't use the account. Continued to say I would get confirming code as he tried to sell me something but finally I insisted that my account be cancelled, he hung up on me.
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 19:09 pm
Post  Title: Walmart Connect

kwilcox

I called back in March to have my online service with Walmart cancelled. I spoke to some foreign guy by the name of Sean. He said he would take care of it and we would have no other charges. I noticed they took $9.95 out of my account the next month and had to call back again. They said they would take care of it this time. I just noticed that they have been charging me each month and here it is July. I called and Sean answered again. I swear he is the only guy there or maybe he is on Sunday. I called back and he disguised his voice like he was different people each time and kept transferring me to the fraud dept and kept hanging up on me. In fact, I was hung up on three times. I finally called back and asked why it is so hard to cancel service and asked for a manager. He said I must confirm your information before I could do this. I raised my voice then and said I called you already and you confirmed my information three times so why do I need to go through this again. He started raising his voice at me and I just hung up. I will try the "Imaginary" fraud dept. I have read that nobody can ever get through to them. Is it worth it to go through all this s*** to have internet service??? They also asked me for a reason and I told them I only used them until we got DSL and then I had no use for them. Everyone there is foreign by the way. It is like they are using people out of the United States to pay them cheaper wages like outsourcing. Walmart Connect ***!!! We have already been conned out of $40.00 and we are talking to our credit card company to report them and try to get our money back and atleast stop them from ever charging our card again.

How many people have they done this to??? ALOT!!! It is like some big con and I would be afraid to find out the amount they have stolen from people all over the world. You cannot cancel online and they make it hard as h*** to cancel by phone and good luck at them ever refunding your money. I am also going to report them to the better business bureau as well and any website I can to turn them in. They are crooked!!!
Good luck to all who decides to cancel and getting your money back once they take it because believe me, THEY WILL!!!
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 21:03 pm
Post  Title: Problems disconnecting from walmart internet

arlis
I wanted to try a high speed internet company, so I called walmart customer service and asked them to disconnect my service. Immediately I was asked why. I told them the truth that I wanted to go high speed and had already signed up with a local company. They still could not understand why I wanted to get rid of walmartconnect. They told me that I could keep walmart also at a reduced fee. I told them I did not want the walmartconnect at all, just disconnect it. After approximately fifteen minutes I was told that I had the wrong department and that they would connect me. I was on hold for about twenty minutes and now these people want to know why I want to disconnect. It took a total of one hour and fifteen minutes to be told that they would disconnect and I would receive a confirmation letter in about ten days. I got my letter and lo and behold it says thank you for continuing my walmart connect. I got on the phone and called the customer service and very madly told them about it. After my yelling for a while, again they told me they would stop the service and I would get a confirmation by mail. After I hung up I called my credit card company and asked them to block payment to walmartconnect. My credit card company made a conference call to walmart customer service with me on board and they took care of business. Beware of walmartconnect customer service. Walmartconnect was very good for me with no problems, but I would not return to it just due to the way I was treated from their customer service.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 22:11 pm
Post  Title: Re: wmconnect and xp sp2 issue

Emtpmed287
mdnghtdj wrote:
I have helped several folks with this issue where they get booted offline every few minutes. One call to wmconnect tech support ("To resolve this issue, log on to Wal-Mart. Click on , "My Favorites" Click, "Enter Keyword" Type: XPSP2FIX in the box, then click "GO" Be very patient,wait and follow instructions...") and wala, the problem is instantly fixed! Their tech support has always been courteous and helpful when I have called. It seems silly to need to advise the public of such things, but when you call someone asking for and needing their help, BE NICE, BE PATIENT and you may be surprised how helpful those wonderful techs and cust service folks can be Smile

Just wanted to tell you that I contacted Walmart Connect about this problem, but their instructions were not clear and I did a search on XPSP2Fix and kept getting all these other sites, with no resolution. It wasn't until I read your notes, that I knew to go to My Favorites and then go to the keyword! Thanks so much! You rock!!! You have helped save my sanity and that of my husband!!! Air-N!
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 21:55 pm
Post  Title: Re: I want my wmconnect back

Boz
Administrator
wwaynesto wrote:
I had wmconnect for about 2 years and loved it. About 25 days ago on
a Sunday morning I was asked for my password. Ive never used a
password to sign on. Calling WM 4 times they could not repair my
problem. I now have netscape but I want my wmconnect back.
I have called for a disk but now a week later it has not arrived.
See  http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26686   for info.
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 15:35 pm
Post  Title: I want my wmconnect back

wwaynesto
I had wmconnect for about 2 years and loved it. About 25 days ago on
a Sunday morning I was asked for my password. Ive never used a
password to sign on. Calling WM 4 times they could not repair my
problem. I now have netscape but I want my wmconnect back.
I have called for a disk but now a week later it has not arrived.
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 19:38 pm
Post  Title: Mad as heck

Guest1
I don't have wmconnect. Never have had it. Yet, I am being charged every month for a service I don't have. I tried getting thru to the fraud department, well, I believe hell freezes over before they answer that line. They say it's a 10 minute wait and your fingers go numb from the lack of response because a half hour later you are still on the line. Continue calling all day and by the time some machine answers the phone they are closed. The machine says call back during business hours but doesn't specify the hours. I understand that wm has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic listed here. but I feel the public needs to know who they are dealing with.
Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 13:58 pm
Post  Title: http://www.walmart.com/walmartconnect/

i have been trying to cancel for over a year and still have no luck.they are still drafting my account.and i have lost money over wm connect.i have spoke to aol and wm with no luck at all.
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 20:27 pm
Post  Title: walmart keeps dropping me

randomguy
i had walmart connect for 1 month it always drops me and stuff.
i play diablo2 and warcraft and it drops me even when im not doing anything i hate it, but it is better than aol cuz i tried to cancel with them and they wouldnt cancel the dam acc!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 23:34 pm
Post  Title: isp service

ednorman29
I have used walmart connect for at least 3 years. It works just fine. I up graded to xp with no problem. I had problems with aol in the past
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next