home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 15:44 pm
Post  Title: Re: metconnect problem as of 1/10/2006

NYCBabe
Count me in as one of those poor,unfortunate souls who's been trying to connect since Monday morning... *sniffle*

guest wrote:
at the moment metconnect is down.. if u are getting 718 error.. it just means their server are partly down.. u will have to wait till it gets fixed..
If u get a fax sound, its down.. just check once a day to see if its working..
its not u.. its them having some kinda problem =)

Use something like netzero for the free 10 hours for the time being

I am praying that what you say is true, because Metconnect is my lifeline! If it goes down, I'm pretty much SOL!

Maybe we can all do a collective prayer or something, and cross our fingers!!
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 14:25 pm
Post  Title: Re: metconnect problem as of 1/10/2006

HELPMECONNECT
guest wrote:
at the moment metconnect is down.. if u are getting 718 error.. it just means their server are partly down.. u will have to wait till it gets fixed..

Thankyou so much for this information ..it helps! Shiny
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 13:41 pm
Post  Title: metconnect problem as of 1/10/2006

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 13:11 pm
Post  Title: Re: http://www.metconnect.com/

OG1
webmaster wrote:
[..]

Nope. All 5 NYC boroughs can use metconnect - it's a local phone call be it 212 is calling 718 or 917 calling 212.

Manhattan phone numbers must dial Manhattan access number, Brooklyn phone numbers must dial Brooklyn access number,etc. Even though it may be toll-free, sometimes they monitor and filter calls that do NOT follow this protcol.

I have NEVER had a problem connecting with Metconnect. I try nothing "cute" like some of these people who claim that they cannot connect.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 13:09 pm
Post  Title: metconnect 212 not working

amen
Metconnect's 212 number is not working.
Their home page says that their status in ok when it obviously is not.
Metconnect has been as slow as molasses for the past six weeks, but now nothing.
Who knows --- perhaps metconnect is about to give up the ghost.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:47 pm
Post  Title: Re: metconnect

ntrainbug wrote:
I have been unable to connect to metconnect for two days. the weird thing is that it says Username and/or password invalid, which is strange because you supposedly can use any password. Anyone else having these problems? it's all new to me, metconnect has always worked before.

Tell me about it...its going on two days for me here also things is I am stuck at the verifying user name and password than it shuts down telling me about an Error:718 which gives me three reasons why I can't get on. This never happened before and there is not a thing wrong with my modem..strange huh?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 pm
Post  Title: still no connection

HELPMECONNECT
I have still have not been able to connect and I have been using all the available numbers even the MANHATTAN numbers . Is anything wrong with the isp or is it just something else someone tell me what's going on?? Confused
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:17 pm
Post  Title: metconnect

ntrainbug
I have been unable to connect to metconnect for two days. the weird thing is that it says Username and/or password invalid, which is strange because you supposedly can use any password. Anyone else having these problems? it's all new to me, metconnect has always worked before.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:54 am

webmaster
Administrator
OG1 wrote:
[..]

Metconnect ALWAYS connects from a Manhattan phone number. Get a Manhattan phone number!

Nope. All 5 NYC boroughs can use metconnect - it's a local phone call be it 212 is calling 718 or 917 calling 212.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:51 am

OG1
helpmeconnect wrote:
I have been unable to connect by METCONNECT, it dials up but gives me an error:718...has anyone experienced this and if so what does that usually mean. It does say a few things that are going on and I checked but has anyone been through this, is METCONNECT down? I really like the service! help me please!

Metconnect ALWAYS connects from a Manhattan phone number. Get a Manhattan phone number!
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:28 am
Post  Title: http://www.metconnect.com/

helpmeconnect
I have been unable to connect by METCONNECT, it dials up but gives me an error:718...has anyone experienced this and if so what does that usually mean. It does say a few things that are going on and I checked but has anyone been through this, is METCONNECT down? I really like the service! help me please!
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:40 am
Post  Title: Re: MetConnect Password

lurker_776
EbonyIce00 wrote:
Oh and I noticed that someone commented about being online but not "connected" to the internet sometimes when using Metconnect...That happens alot here too and we have to retry them a few times or change numbers. It will appear to be connected, but I get "page cannot be displayed" if I try to go anywhere.

If you right-click on your task-bar modem icon and look at the address to which you're connected, you'll see that sometimes MetConnect connects to (or gets stuck in) their main office -- probably on their own network. As noted, just redial and you'll connect properly (check the address again and you'll see it's different). Just FYI.
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 0:21 am
Post  Title: Re: metconnect out-of-state

OG1
guest wrote:
[..]

Well I am having the same peoblem as her, so i guess its true

I was able to connect yesterday with no problems.
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 22:37 pm
Post  Title: Re: metconnect out-of-state

OG1 wrote:
Move to NYC. Metconnect does NOT connect via long distance call - only if your number is local to their access numbers will you be able to use it..

Well I am having the same peoblem as her, so i guess its true
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 17:08 pm
Post  Title: MetConnect Password

EbonyIce00
This may have been covered on another page..but there are too many pages to go thru.

Metconnect will connect no matter what password you use. Ive set up an account, with a User name and Password..so did My mom...but she couldnt figure out how the grandkids got on without knowing her pswd. Well come to find out, you can get on no matter what you type in the password box. I did it to my own account, I took out the correct password and typed in something completely stupid and it went thru.
So apparently that "verifying username and password" notice is meaningless.

Anyone else notice this with their MetConnect?
Anyone know how to stop it from connecting unless it has the RIGHT password? Meaning the one entered when the account was created?

Thanks!

I appreciate any and all help.

Oh and I noticed that someone commented about being online but not "connected" to the internet sometimes when using Metconnect...That happens alot here too and we have to retry them a few times or change numbers. It will appear to be connected, but I get "page cannot be displayed" if I try to go anywhere.
Its free..so I dont complain..I just try again or later on when its likely to be less busy..if there is even such a time on the internet! LOL
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:41 am
Post  Title: slow slow slow

amen
Metconnect is running at about 28K during the daylight and early evening hours.
This state of affairs has gone on over the last thirty days.
Metconnect used to be much faster.
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 20:37 pm
Post  Title:

blsJason
Administrator
Guest... all you have to do is set up a Dial-Up Network (DUN) setting, all you need is the number you're calling... we have a list here on Freedomlist of what numbers to use:
 http://www.freedomlist.com/find.php3?plan=462  
Put the number in (as long as its a local call), see if it works, if it does, you're online (theoretically - I've never lived in/been to NYC, I don't know for sure)
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 20:34 pm
Post  Title:

HI, I live in new york. i like their service. Frown After i rebooted my pc, my metconnect is gone. question Does any1 no where i can get it question thx.... in advance
e-mail and IM address removed - unless otherwise instructed, you don't post these on a public forum - J
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:50 am
Post  Title: mc

dragonfly
The problem that I get with metconnect allot is that sometimes it will connect normally but when I try to load a link or contact a server nothing goes through. Its like the modem works fine but the Internet for some reason is dead. I will have to call back 2 or 3 times before I am able to get internet access even though I am connected....

Anyone else have the issue?
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 20:38 pm
Post  Title:

BoswerLK
I know the 212-359 2000/2001 numbers...
what's the third manhatten number? the 2000/2001 ones seem to be down, I get stuck at verifying username/password forever
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next