home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 20:08 pm
Post  Title: Re: http://www.metconnect.com/

NYCuser
If you go to one of their links explaing their service they say that you will never need to click on links to use the service.

One of their new pop ups advertises a high speed ISP where the speed is not mentioned
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 0:19 am
Post  Title: http://www.metconnect.com/

tim
Lately, metc its been pain in the a** while browsing on line. The connection has drop down slowly or completely dead. Then screen would be hijack by metconnect to their homepage. You must press the 'continue' button as stated if you want to continue to browse the internet. It just started on Monday. That free isp for you.
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:34 am
Post  Title: Re: New Rules! Met connect users!

Sharkfly
Sorry that i wasnt clear before.

Ok, perhaps I exaggerated the part of me never being able to update windows security or my antivirus again. ( I HoPE?) im just worried when the time comes for me to reload my system from "scratch" the download process will take 3 to 10x longer if I have to come back & see that only 13 % of service pack 1 is finished after 5 hours , because the internet connection is on pause. Roll Eyes but if that’s how it its going to be now with downloading large files on Metc, then ill have to deal with it.

MetObserver wrote:
[..]

What you mean to say to forum readers when you write (1) "so much for me ever updating windows ever again" and (2) "Look out security holes and viruses cause here I come"? Neither statement is in the least clear.
Roll Eyes
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:59 am
Post  Title: Re: New Rules! Met connect users!

MetObserver
Sharkfly wrote:
You must now click continue after an unspecified time while online to "continue surfing the web" otherwise your internet connection will be put on standby... so much for me ever updating windows ever again. Look out security holes and viruses cause here I come. shock

What you mean to say to forum readers when you write (1) "so much for me ever updating windows ever again" and (2) "Look out security holes and viruses cause here I come"? Neither statement is in the least clear.
Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:47 am
Post  Title: New Rules! Met connect users!

Sharkfly
You must now click continue after an unspecified time while online to "continue surfing the web" otherwise your internet connection will be put on standby... so much for me ever updating windows ever again. Look out security holes and viruses cause here I come. shock
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 0:47 am
Post  Title: http://www.metconnect.com/

edwinflores
I have been using that network for some time . I give anyone who is looking for free isp services with confidence that they will get the services without and strings. Thanks again for providing a service to all that is looking for it!! ef1514
User since 2000
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 21:05 pm
Post  Title: BronxConnect

sweetpea
MetConnect is the best free service out there. Yeah so what some times their system has problems. I always connect at 54.6Kbps and thats just fine for a novice like myself. Grin
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:41 am
Post  Title: Re: # problem is just gettn WEIRD!

metobserver
This is not in the least "evidence of MetConnect weirdness." If you take the time to skim the last few pages of user submissions, you'll see that there is nothing at all surprising in your account of your difficulty in logging on. In addition, there is absoluely no connection at all between a phone line's dedicated use and the ability to log on to MetConnect (or any other ISP, for that matter), assuming that the line functions normally for other purposes.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 15:00 pm
Post  Title: Re: # problem is just gettn WEIRD!

sharkfly
Evidence of Met Connect weirdness.

Exhibit A .. I live in upper Manhattan , I have used 347-646 & 212 area code numbers to connect fine “in the past”

Exhibit B .. There are 2 phone lines in the house both with 212 area codes.

Exhibit C .. Met connect no logger connects to on the 2nd phone line I would use exclusively for modem use.

I rest in peace* arrow I mean my case.
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:54 am
Post  Title: nyc problem?

amen
A week ago I switched from metconnect to VTISP.
VTISP is now running at speeds that would make metconnect proud --- that is to say, 14k. Slow connection speed may be a dial-up problem just in NYC.
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 21:49 pm
Post  Title: Stop complaining

I do not understand why some folks complain about the service being slow and how bad it is. I think metconnect is a good service oh guess what!?! IT IS FREE! what more do you want! the reason for the low kbps it due to how many users is using the service. I for one do not use metconnect to download otherwise it is all good and ALL FREE.
If you feel so unhappy about it why don't you just pay for an isp and let someone else use the met!

Metconnect I have no issues with you ..only when you guys are down is when I worry please keep it going you have some great customers here that love the FREE SERVICE Wink
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 21:40 pm
Post  Title: sloow metconnect

anonymusse
I pretty much agree with you, pending.

can only get to 40k tonight. yes, sometimes the work done (data transference)
seems so much less than the connection speed would lead one to expect - a lot less.

I still haven't been able to recover from the loss of my access4less, sniff...

anon
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 18:22 pm
Post  Title: Re: sloooww connection speed

metobserver
Slowdowns and the inability to even connect are constant, cyclic features of this service. Furthermore, at least with this ISP, the connection speed your computer shows does not jibe with the amount of data transferred. This means, the service can actually be down even though your computer shows a connection. In addition, problems with this service have absolutely nothing to do with where you are dialing from, as long as you are dialing FROM one of MetConnect's several area codes TO ANY of MetConnect's area codes.

In short: you simply cannot rely on MetConnect for dependable service: it can perform beautifully at 3:00 PM and be gone 10 minutes later and start working again at 6:00 AM. My approach is to be grateful for whenever logging on successfully and to use my other cheap for-cost service when MetConnect doesn't work.
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:48 am
Post  Title: metconnect slow, slow, slow as she goes!

amen
Yesterday Metconnect was running at about 20k during the daylight hours.
This morning ( 6:15AM ) it is running at 42k.
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:25 am
Post  Title: sloooww connection speed

anonymusse
what is with my metC??!

last Sunday nite got on at 48K, then the crash of mon-tues...

Since then it has been soo slooow. can barely get to 39k on friday at 11pm!

anyone else noticing anything like this?
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 23:08 pm

unregistered wrote:
[..]

Please don't listen to this poster; he has no idea what he's talking about. In fact, I think this person may be a troll. I've been using Metconnect since Fall 2000, live in Brooklyn, and have successfully connected using Manhattan (212) area code since. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the only access codes available until recently were only (212). Plus, although the service has been very good for the past few years, it has been known to have occasional rough spots. In fact, the service was down for a week or so during 9/11 to repair the damage. He/ She writes in all caps that they've NEVER had trouble connecting. I wonder if this person also was able to connect during September of 9/11, when the service was knocked offline.

I totally agree, I also live in brooklyn and able to access the metconnect using the manhattan numbers. Smile
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 18:43 pm

OG1 wrote:
[..]
Manhattan phone numbers must dial Manhattan access number, Brooklyn phone numbers must dial Brooklyn access number,etc. Even though it may be toll-free, sometimes they monitor and filter calls that do NOT follow this protcol.

I have NEVER had a problem connecting with Metconnect. I try nothing "cute" like some of these people who claim that they cannot connect.

Please don't listen to this poster; he has no idea what he's talking about. In fact, I think this person may be a troll. I've been using Metconnect since Fall 2000, live in Brooklyn, and have successfully connected using Manhattan (212) area code since. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the only access codes available until recently were only (212). Plus, although the service has been very good for the past few years, it has been known to have occasional rough spots. In fact, the service was down for a week or so during 9/11 to repair the damage. He/ She writes in all caps that they've NEVER had trouble connecting. I wonder if this person also was able to connect during September of 9/11, when the service was knocked offline.
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:48 am

metobserver
OG1 wrote:
[..]

Manhattan phone numbers must dial Manhattan access number, Brooklyn phone numbers must dial Brooklyn access number,etc. Even though it may be toll-free, sometimes they monitor and filter calls that do NOT follow this protcol.

As I've written before on this subject, your claim about how MetConnect works is completely wrong. I speak from 7 years of experience with MetConnect's internet service, dialing ALL of their numbers. If there is constant busy signals with one, there is a busy signal problem with all of their access numbers. If one number goes nowhere, that is also true of all the others.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 21:25 pm
Post  Title: Re: woo hoo

NYCBabe
thank you, thank you, thank you, metconnect!!!!! you are the best isp on the planet!! :d

helpmeconnect wrote:
metconnect is now up and running!! thanks to the people who prayed !! Shiny Cool Big Grin

you're welcome!
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 16:32 pm
Post  Title: woo hoo

HELPMECONNECT
metconnect is now up and running!! thanks to the people who prayed !! Shiny Cool Big Grin
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next