home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Obama defies GOP by naming new consumer watchdog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 19:38 pm    Post subject: Obama defies GOP by naming new consumer watchdog Reply with quote

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012...r-watchdog 

With a director finally in place and no question about its powers, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can start scrutinizing unfair practices by debt collectors, mortgage brokers, credit reporting agencies, and predatory payday lenders.

It seems today anything which scrutinizes unfair business practices is said to be anti-business.

Which leads me to believe business feels it needs to be corrupt to make money.

This is a sad state of affairs.
darksurfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 13:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I like Elizabeth Warren, and would have preferred her in the top spot, I believe Cordray will make an adequate head of this desperately needed agency.

Consumers have been screwed big time in this country: same day loans, bad mortgage loans (don't get me started!!), credit card contracts that even a lawyer can't understand.

Yes, it is time.

It is nice that Ms. Warren will be Massachusetts next US senator when she defeats Scott Brown in November.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is in its infancy, but it's, at least, a good start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...ion_Bureau 

Regulations aren't all that bad!! LOL Big Grin Grin Smile Shiny

kelticwizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, conservatives are hollering the appointment was illegal because Congress was still in session. Everyone in Congress had left town, but apparently some people are claiming it was still in session.

Or something.
curious john

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelticwizard wrote:
From what I've read, conservatives are hollering the appointment was illegal because Congress was still in session. Everyone in Congress had left town, but apparently some people are claiming it was still in session.

Or something.

Looks like they left for vacation and had a frozen pipe burst?
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General   All times are GMT - 5 Hours