home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
dreamcast e-mail?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PadyWack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently using neucomm as my isp and they offer pop3 e-mail.

I use a dreamcast with web browser 2.0 to surf the net. I need to know which pop3 free e-mail service would work best for me

Find everything from Atari to X-BOX
located in Erie, PA
PadyWack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 19:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried using neustreet but every time i try to send something it says my account has expired or something

Find everything from Atari to X-BOX
located in Erie, PA
drchaps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 21:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padywack, here are 2 things I would consider. One as you well know, i dont have a dreamcast, so i cannot help you on an actual provider but i dont think dreamcast has a built in pop3 reader. Pop 3 is a lot more convenient for some users because they dont have to access their mail on the web and for people who want to write messages while they are offline. However, for users that have dreamcast, I dont think they include a pop3 reader program like eudora, or outlook express. My suggestion... go with a web based email like hotmail, mailandnews.com or 1stmail.com. All can be accessed through your sega browser. You may find an email service that has both pop3 and webmail like mailandnews or others. I would check out  http://www.emailaddresses.com  which a friend of mine Edwin runs. It is just like neucomms find an email provider, but this gives a little more of a description on each service. I believe he also has a help section explaining the difference between pop3 and web based email and it does a lot better job than i could. Definitely in your case though, i would go with a web based provider rather than pop3

Steve
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours