home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Cannot access my Yahoo inbox to read messages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Same problems here, from the Netherlands Reply with quote

I can't log into one of my accounts. Keep getting timed out to a "can't find server" page. Am able to get into a secondary account, though. But I have also had problems accessing certain other Yahoo Mail pages. Just got my boyfriend to access my problematic account from his office and it worked there. Strange.
Can't get it working from either of two computers in my house, nor with alternate browsers. Yes, have cleared cache, cookies, etc.

Seems like this problem started soon after I set up my "Extra Email Address" within my primary account. Don't know if that's the problem.
DOD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Yahoo Mail Reply with quote

when I try to access yahoo mail I type in my user name and password and it then askes me for my password again and again and again. I have checked settings and my security is set on medium can anyone please help.
waltky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 19:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Worm Targets Yahoo Mail
June 13, 2006
Rob Ayoub, a Frost & Sullivan analyst, said that because the worm only affects Yahoo Mail, there is little reason to be concerned about the virus. What stands out as notable for Ayoub is that the worm is designed to infect a system when a user just views a piece of e-mail.

Symantec and other security firms are warning that a new Internet worm has Yahoo e-mail users in its sights. The malware, which Yahoo claims to have contained, reportedly targets a flaw in the JavaScript technology used to make Yahoo Mail easier for users to navigate.
The so-called Yamanner worm arrives in inboxes with a subject line that reads "New Graphic Site." After the missive is opened, the worm sends a copy of itself to all contacts listed in the Yahoo Mail address book.

The worm also gathers those e-mail addresses and sends them to a remote computer, presumably for the purpose of compiling a massive spam list.

Worm Hole

"Yahoo treats security and user protection seriously," said Kelley Podboy, a spokesperson for Yahoo. "When we learn of e-mail abuse, such as a worm or other online threat, we take appropriate action."

The Internet company said that a "solution has been automatically distributed to all Yahoo Mail customers" and requires no additional action on the part of the user. However, Yahoo recommended that users update their antivirus and firewall software and block any e-mail from "av3@yahoo.com."

MORE 
boredx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 23:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having some trouble with yahoo mail login.
Eln Lou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltky wrote:
New Worm Targets Yahoo Mail
June 13, 2006
Rob Ayoub, a Frost & Sullivan analyst, said that because the worm only affects Yahoo Mail, there is little reason to be concerned about the virus. What stands out as notable for Ayoub is that the worm is designed to infect a system when a user just views a piece of e-mail.

Symantec and other security firms are warning that a new Internet worm has Yahoo e-mail users in its sights. The malware, which Yahoo claims to have contained, reportedly targets a flaw in the JavaScript technology used to make Yahoo Mail easier for users to navigate.
The so-called Yamanner worm arrives in inboxes with a subject line that reads "New Graphic Site." After the missive is opened, the worm sends a copy of itself to all contacts listed in the Yahoo Mail address book.

The worm also gathers those e-mail addresses and sends them to a remote computer, presumably for the purpose of compiling a massive spam list.

Worm Hole

"Yahoo treats security and user protection seriously," said Kelley Podboy, a spokesperson for Yahoo. "When we learn of e-mail abuse, such as a worm or other online threat, we take appropriate action."

The Internet company said that a "solution has been automatically distributed to all Yahoo Mail customers" and requires no additional action on the part of the user. However, Yahoo recommended that users update their antivirus and firewall software and block any e-mail from "av3 (at) yahoo.com."

[url=http://www.sci-tech-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=03100011Q16D]

MORE[/url]

I never got an email to spread the worm????
Special1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Yahoo inbox won't open Reply with quote

Please help me!!! I need to get into my yahoo 'inbox' and I can't. When I log in it opens directly as though I were writing an email (as in 'compose') I can 'save' this as a 'draft', but not much else, I can see from 'saving' the growing emails in my 'inbox' and the 'bulk' folders but when I click on them it won't open...I have tried EVERYTHING and I have emailed the so called yahoo help desk and asked many - PLEASE HELP if you have any idea!!! Thanks Grin
tortoise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: cannot access yahoo inbox Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem with yahoo access but only on one account. Problem is it's the one I use all the time for work from home so access is vital. Help please someone.
meredanin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 16:28 pm    Post subject: my yahoo inbox Reply with quote

Everytime I open my yahoo mail,it goes straight to the "compose" window.I want to read my mails,but cannot access my inbox.Please,help.[/i]
ann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: yahoo inbox Reply with quote

LOL
many thanks for the advice on how to access my in-box.
i deleted the cookies and made sure my security level was set to medium
it worked, great, thanks
sally

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 17:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there i have been having the same problem but this worked for me, go to  www.mail2web.com 

Thanks

Sally
sally

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 14:18 pm    Post subject: Phone nUmber for yahell, lol Reply with quote

I have found a phone number for yahoo to report the problem with mail, its 408 349 1272 select option 2 on both prompts, They say the server is down and they are looking into it, but cannot give any timescale.

Best of Luck

Sally
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 14:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use yahoo for email and have had no problem acessing my email numerous times yesterday and today so I find it hard to believe that the server is down. I just checked before I posted this and was able to access my email without a problem.
rgm714

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 15:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plodr wrote:
I use yahoo for email and have had no problem acessing my email numerous times yesterday and today so I find it hard to believe that the server is down. I just checked before I posted this and was able to access my email without a problem.

same here just checked my yahoo email it works.
i got spam
pete

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 15:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a yahoo account for freebies and offers that are likely to result in spam...

I check it daily (using YPOPS! and OE). I find plenty of spam to delete. This gives me the the impression that it might be working.
cal_disc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: I could make yahoo email work after MTU change Reply with quote

Thanks evolnimi.

Problem: I use Airtel Broadband, ADSL, Bangalore, India. Could browse all other websites. Can login to yahoo mail and see email list. But when I click on an email link, the connection always timesout. Funny thing is I can read email on the laptop on which I originally installed broadband DSL using the installation CD which I received from Airtel (ISP). But I couldn't read email from any other laptop/PC. I use D-Link wireless router for home n/w. One more weird thing, if I connected to my office using VPN then I was able to read emails but not otherwise.

Solution: Already provided ny evolnimi on the first page of the post. Pasting here again:

http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe 

Click on that link and a window would come up to ask you to SAVE or OPEN, click on OPEN and you would see another window and at the bottom right hand side you would see a space that says MTU..you have to put 1492, then on the left side of that where it says adapter settings make you have the correct adapter selected, then clink on save and then exit and reboot your PC and tried one more time to access your hotmail and yahoo account and let us know..

One suggestion if above does not work for you is make sure that you set MTU for the correct adapter. Now-a-days almost all PCs/Laptops end up having multiple adapters and you could make a mistake in selecting the correct adapter.

Hope this helps others. I almost went mad because of this.
diptidigh86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Yahoo inbox opening but not displaying any message Reply with quote

i use sify broadband.my yahoo inbox opens but not displaying message.from last two days this problem occuring.
plodr

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 15:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete your cookies from your browser and be sure javascript is operational. If you get a blank page when you open the inbox, click the refresh icon on your browser so it reloads the page.
vikrantj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: I cannot access my yahoo inbox Reply with quote

Hi

I can login but cannot access the yahoo inbox and hence cannot send,receive or read the mails. Whenever i login following message is displayed......

You've stumbled upon a temporary problem we're having with Yahoo! Mail. Usually this problem gets resolved quickly, without you doing a thing. In fact it may be taken care of now.

* Try pressing the Reload or Refresh button on your browser, or logging out then back into your Yahoo! account. Hopefully that will take care of things.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please be patient while we sort it out and try again shortly. The fact that you're reading this page means we've been automatically notified of the issue, and chances are we're working on it now.

* If you think you've been more than patient and tried the tricks above, feel free to contact Customer Care about Error Code 2.

Thanks,

The Yahoo! Mail Team
Sorry for the inconvenience.
arialburnz

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Same Problem, but Dial-Up Reply with quote

My mother is having the same problem with her laptop. She doesn't go on the internet often enough to get a DSL connection, so she uses dial-up...ergo she does not have a router. She cannot go to ANY e-mail web site. We have been to the following web sites and EVERY one of them says, "Page Cannot Be Displayed"

mail.yahoo.com
mail.gmail.com
mail.aol.com
mail.hotmail.com
I even took her to MY webmail server at webmail.pair.com...can't display that page either! Grrrrr! Arrrrrrg!

etc, etc, etc.

We have cleared her cache and deleted all history and internet files. She cannot access any mail server. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!!!!
Arial ;)
bruce bailey

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried some of those and they don't work for me either. Have her try googling Hotmail, Yahoo, or whatever and continue from that point. Also now Hotmail is called "live".
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next