home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
I cannot open my hotmail account?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I am having this same problem for over 2 days now... BUT I can log onto msn messenger and passport, but if I want to open my hotmail account, then comes "page cannot be displayed". I have tried this on 2 computers, it is the same on both. And, I am able to log on other hotmail accounts..it is only my account that does not open!

I have tried all that you have posted here, nothing works.

Please help!
bruce bailey

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you clear cookies and temp files? There may be a corrupt cookie.
disa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 14:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, did that.
I am starting to think that there is something wrong with my hotmail account.. (I have used it for 6 years without problems).
I can log others in! It does not matter in which computer I use.. always the same problem.
Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 15:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disa, I have the same problem and it *** bad cos my GF has gone away for a few weeks and we keep in touch with email and I cant open my mails. Please please please help.

Mitch
Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 16:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that I'm using Mozilla Firefox and i've tried it with Firefox and IE but the same comes up.

Mitch
tad12

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 17:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find some help here

http://ask-leo.com/c000452.html 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 20:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disa wrote:
Hi all, I am having this same problem for over 2 days now... BUT I can log onto msn messenger and passport, but if I want to open my hotmail account, then comes "page cannot be displayed". I have tried this on 2 computers, it is the same on both. And, I am able to log on other hotmail accounts..it is only my account that does not open!

I have tried all that you have posted here, nothing works.

Please help!

same as me
disa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 20:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no luck at all, and I have been registered!
bruce bailey

๑۞๑

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 20:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the standard hotmail webmail?
Stasia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 21:06 pm    Post subject: Same as everyone else it seems. Reply with quote

Hello. I have been able to check my email fine for over a year, two days ago I noticed that when I went to check it... it loaded forever and nothing ever came of it. I can sign onto MSN Messenger just fine, so I know that I have the password correct. I tried setting the "Meta Refresh" it's already set. I have had my boyfriend, and bother try checking it on their computers, they cannot either. But we can check theirs, my sisters and mothers, and brothers all fine.

I'm trying to contact Hotmail, but when I do it does the same thing loads forever and stops. I have cleared my cookies and cashe.

Tried Meta Refresh, clearing cookies and cashe, tried changing passwords after I type in my email and addres info it does the same thing, tried other computers with other IP's, tried contacting MSN.
Again, I can sign onto messenger without a problem, but my email just won't work. I really need some advise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 0:12 am    Post subject: Re: Same as everyone else it seems. Reply with quote

Stasia wrote:
Hello. I have been able to check my email fine for over a year, two days ago I noticed that when I went to check it... it loaded forever and nothing ever came of it.

Same here I can't check through Outlook or the web, by the way a while back they sent me an e-mail saying that they were phasing out free access via Outlook, but as a loyal user my account would not be affected.
Julia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: The same problem Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem as Stasia's for 3 days. I can sign into MSN. But cannot access hotmail. I have asked my friends to sign in my account on their computers. Not working. The most strange thing is, I had 4 new mail in my mailbox which i knew from the MSN as yesterday. But today, when I opened MSN, it says I have 0 new mail! What is happenning?!
disa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce bailey wrote:
Are you using the standard hotmail webmail?

Yes, but I have tried to access my mail in outlook and then I get this error message:

"unable to poll for new messages on your http server"
Stasia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, outlook does nother work either. I tried IE and Mozzila Firefox. After a minute of loading nothing, the message reads, "The operation timed out when attempting to contact by11fd.bay110.hotmail.msn.com"

When I sign onto messenger or trillian, it tells me I have 2new messages, but it just won't check them. Does anyone know what's causing this?
Mitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 13:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm havin the same problem as Stasia

Mitch
disa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 13:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried again... now there says:

Account Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay does not affect the entire site or result from any problem specific with your account however the server that holds your account information is temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much longer, so please continue to check our site for your account status.
We will do our best to make your account available as quickly as possible. We appreciate your support, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

2005 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement Anti-Spam Policy

http://lc2.bay0.hotmail.passport.com/cgi-b...ownState=0 

so this is a problem with some hotmail-server.. we should be able to log on again in a few days Smile
Mitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 15:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is working so it looks like its a problem on HotMails end!

Mitch
sunshine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 19:48 pm    Post subject: monday july27/2005 8:38pm post subject;Hotmail Reply with quote

Hi how are you i'am having problems logging & signing to hotmail my email address & pass word wont go true i dont know what to do it is like it dont exist please help me i would like to read me email's tell me if is becouse i sign in from some one els computer please please help.
gurgler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: help hotmail Reply with quote

ryt when i try going on to my hotmail emails wot i got bout 100 now there a little lock at the bottom ryt has that got any thing to do with it and how do i get rid of it ??? it also does that for some other pages ?????????
eptaylor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: ie & oe settings Reply with quote

Grin I would recommend that everyone, including those having problems
accessing their hotmail account ( I have one ), check the "IE and OE
settings" section of :
 http://members.accessbee.com/mitch/PhantomPhixer.html  .
Following the recommendations of this expert may help prevent
problems !?
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Email   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next