home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
Lock Folder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seagull369

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Lock Folder Reply with quote

This utility was mentioned in a previous post as a way of password protecting a folder, which was the subject of the post. I tried to find the post that mentioned this folder locking utility, couldnt find it, so decided to post here as new.

I just wanted to tell folks to be cautious using this utility. I nearly lost all accessibility to the folder I protected using this program.

What led to the trouble was that I accidentally uninstalled the utility without first unlocking a folder I used the program to protect. When I went to access the folder afterwards, I ended up being redirected to the control panel of all things. I reinstalled the program again, tried to "unlock" the folder but got no where.

My salvation in the end came from GoBack and its feature of reverting the hard drive to an earlier time.

I know it probably wasnt a brillant idea to unistall in the 1st place with the locked folder still in place and maybe I shouldnt be picky since it's freeware, but I think the program should have prevented an uninstall if this kind of thing would be the result.
Boz

Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 13:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the name of the program?
seagull369

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 23:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name of program was title of post; Lock Folder
johng

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: unlocker Reply with quote

As an added comment, this will unlock it.

http://www.dswnet.com/downloads/LockFolderUnlocker.zip 
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Help, Tips & Tricks   All times are GMT - 5 Hours