home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 14:27 pm
Post  Title:

sandr

curious john wrote:
Some people just dont learn and have to escalate things. This isp just put another $23 charge on my credit card and didnt even bother making up a fictitious bill like last one for some service over a year ago. So I get to spend time disputing the charges. And I will. He wants hassle, I will oblige. He can dig himself in as deep as he wants. Billing for past service on defuct account from year ago violates his own terms of service. Billing without an invoice for unspecified service is totally fraudulant.

I re-interate maybe wise to give lot thought before signing up with this isp. This guy is starting to make the old AOL games to keep customers on hook look responsible.

Access the net is gone. Took the money and ran.
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:01 am
Post  Title:

curious john

Some people just dont learn and have to escalate things. This isp just put another $23 charge on my credit card and didnt even bother making up a fictitious bill like last one for some service over a year ago. So I get to spend time disputing the charges. And I will. He wants hassle, I will oblige. He can dig himself in as deep as he wants. Billing for past service on defuct account from year ago violates his own terms of service. Billing without an invoice for unspecified service is totally fraudulant.

I re-interate maybe wise to give lot thought before signing up with this isp. This guy is starting to make the old AOL games to keep customers on hook look responsible.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:09 pm
Post  Title:

curious john

vtisp is now 100 hour per month, not 150. They proved very difficult to deal with when I first tried to take them up on their 450 hour atnmaxx subsidiary. That took month. Then they cut off my service without notice claiming when they tried to credit me a refund, my card account was locked. After really poor communication they got the idea my credit card was working again and promptly made big unspecified charge on it for an old vtisp account for 6months of an account closed for over a year. Then threatened me with more charges if I challenged it via my credit card.

I immediately requested they cancel and repeatedly for several days. Finally got cancellation number though I am expecting they try and grab an extra month.

My take is if you are currently happy with a single 100 hour vtisp account, then you might not overtax the brainpower of these people and do ok. Dont make changes and if you quit expect shenanigans with your credit card as they apparently hold a grudge....
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:06 pm
Post  Title:

bruce bailey
๑۞๑
You are correct.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 18:01 pm
Post  Title: Major Changes in Pricing/Serice

anotherjeff

Rather than allowing 150 hours of access per month, the maximum allowable usage will be reduced to 100 hours per month. This applies to all VTISP.com accounts...
The price of our service will be adjusted to $4.70 per month...

http://www.vtisp.com/start/announce.shtml 

Comments?
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:38 am
Post  Title: fast and slow

love10

it is an area/phoneline problem i use this on the road, fast and slow depend were im going
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 22:43 pm
Post  Title: fast

bruce bailey
๑۞๑
It has been the fastest of teh many ISPs I have used. If it is running slow, perhaps you are not using the latest access numbers.
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 19:55 pm
Post  Title: Re: its ok

nevadacrab

cisp wrote:
This service is very slow. I have used other cheap Dailup's and none were so slow. I am also using all2easy and its not as slow as this ISP. However, VTISP rarely disconnects and the service is rarely down. Its also easy to cancel - just a few mouse clicks on their website.

This may vary by location. My usage of vtisp in Nevada and Southern California as always resulted in the highest dialup speeds possible.
Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 15:33 pm
Post  Title: its ok

cisp

This service is very slow. I have used other cheap Dailup's and none were so slow. I am also using all2easy and its not as slow as this ISP. However, VTISP rarely disconnects and the service is rarely down. Its also easy to cancel - just a few mouse clicks on their website.
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am
Post  Title: Re: called

OG1

Most dialup ISPs credit card bill around 25th of the month or slightly earlier. This has been a standard practice for years.
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 21:04 pm
Post  Title: called

furball64801

I already found out they start with the minutes on the 1st of the month. Really hard to believe since they do bill on the 22nd like you guys say..
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 18:27 pm
Post  Title:

nevadacrab

I'd be curious myself, considering that I am also billed on the 22nd. It appears to calculate from the beginning of the calendar month, but obviously not, or at least not always.
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 14:49 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
Call back and ask if the time starts on the first day of each month or for you on the 23rd, since you are billed on the 22nd of each month.
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 20:09 pm
Post  Title: Re: re: hours

furball64801

Thanks OG1 why the heck didnt they tell me that. I guess from now on I will leave customer service up to customer service on not support lol.
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 18:04 pm
Post  Title: re: hours

OG1

This is done to "even out" billing because January has 31 days and February has 28 days so they start the new month on the 31st of the previous month in those months that have 31 days.
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 15:23 pm
Post  Title: Hours

furball64801

Rarely do I have an issue with vtisp, in fact I think the value you get is fabulous. I have never done this so I checked my hours yesterday, the 1st of the month. To my suprise it showed I had been on for 4 hrs already when I had only been on for 25 minutes. Not sure why I checked because I usually dont do a check till the middle of the month. I sent in a request to vtisp and there reply was if you dont like the way we manage hours or minutes you can cancel the account on the 22nd if you want. Wow I ask them how they monitor minutes and they tell me I can cancel. I wasnt looking for any cancel at all, I just wanted to know why there was such a huge difference in my time on line and what they showed as my usage. Why is it that companies tell you just to cancel instead of saying our servers are set in a different time zone. I love there service but I did not like this answer.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 15:57 pm
Post  Title:

bruce bailey
๑۞๑
It is still best to keep your e-mail seperate so if you DO change ISPs, you don't need to tell everyone about the new address. There are lots of free services like hotmail, gmail, Yahoo, etc.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 13:27 pm
Post  Title: vtisp.com quality and consistency

Arthur48

I have been with vtisp.com for years and found it to be an excellent deal with appropriate functionality.
I would have preferred the organization had maintained its own mail servers.
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:35 am
Post  Title: good!!!

love10

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool i used it for lonnnnnnnng time and really worked well for me Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 19:05 pm
Post  Title:

nevadacrab

Reliable with good speed and lots of connection numbers.
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next