home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 am
Post  Title: Nethere Email Down for Weekend

tmst1

I ended up staying w/ Nethere, as changing is a hassle and they *did* restore my disabled email accounts after I complained bitterly. They even increased my storage quota to 40MB on one account. Not bad for $50/year, eh? ;-)

I tried to access my inbox on Sat morning to find that it was acting very strangely, with my custom folders and most of my inbox msgs gone. Eek. No word about it all weekend on the support line or their website. It was fixed on Monday morning. I verified that another customer was having the same issue. When was the last time you went for even several hours without email on a *free* service?

Recently I've sent 2 emails to support line asking about server-side mail filtering (Sieve) and haven't gotten *any* response, though they do promptly answer their support requests on other topics. So it must be sore spot for them. Every time a client updates itself, the mail filters must be run on the entire inbox. It takes some time, and I can only guess the server load is horrific. I bet they're hating their email software.

So there's the latest with Nethere. I'm staying with them for awhile longer while I get used to Sieve and IMAP. For me there are only 3 options for the long term:

1. Host own email server
2. Use provider that supports Sieve
3. Use Gmail

-Tom
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 18:46 pm
Post  Title: Happy with Nethere until now

tmst1

I've been with Nethere for a few years and always been very happy with the service, tech support, etc.

However, after having a disagreement with a Nethere tech support guy over an inconsistency in the webmail interface, their billing department "coincidentally" discovered that I was over my quota of email addresses and deleted two of them that I use frequently.

I wasn't notified that the email addresses would be deleted, and when calling them, the girl I spoke to in customer care was unable to point me to a reference saying that, when I converted my account to "email only", which I did several months ago, that I would only be able to have one email address. It all seems very arbitrary.

Sadly, I can no longer recommend the service. But now I'm looking at gmail and, with Google's support for POP and SMTP, am feeling better about the whole thing. Goodbye Nethere!

-Tom R
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:31 am
Post  Title: http://www.nethere.com/

olysan

I've been with this service for 3 years. During which time there has been flawless sevice with 3 exceptions. 2 of these were my fault for boo boos trying to set up internet service, and email for a friend, and the latest happened today with the intermittent failure to pick up pop email. The nice polite "english speaking" young man took a detailed description of the problem, and told me I would be called back with an answer in a few hours. After the trials of cheap internet service through blue frog, express 56, people pc, and net zero these guys are a god send
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 14:28 pm
Post  Title: stay away from nethere.com

RON_JON

STAY AWAY FROM NETHERE.COM !

I've had nethere for over 2 years and have experienced a constant decline in it's service performance. At issue the worst is the customer support personnel. When something stops working correctly, which now happens dailly, the customer support personel are arrogant and extremely dumb. I have problems daily now with the service and no person there seems to know a damn thing about correcting the problem.

Their e-mail support has become non-functional. Often I get "it is working fine on our end". For those considering it, it looks good from a service point of view, but the performanace of that service stinks.

STAY AWAY FROM NETHERE.COM !
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 20:37 pm
Post  Title: net

garysilvett
love nethere. best services in the west
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 15:06 pm
Post  Title:

HoseB wrote:
NetHere recently went to a maximum session of 4 hours. Everything else about them has still been good.

Hose

That may have more to do with the POP provider they are using for your area.

Does anyone have any data for header download rates from their news server?

I get about 24 KBytes/s when dialed in to GBR and pulling headers from their news server or Concito's server. But if I dial into Concito and pull headers off of theirs or GBR's the rate drops to about 5 KBytes/s. Frown

I am thinking that Concito's modem ports are not configured for software compression.

Anyone have any comments?
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 20:02 pm
Post  Title:

HoseB

NetHere recently went to a maximum session of 4 hours. Everything else about them has still been good.

Hose
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:28 am
Post  Title:

HoseB

Update....

I've now been with NetHere for 2 years. My annual pay for next year comes up in a week, and I'm signing on for another.

Enough said!
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 16:19 pm
Post  Title: Two Thumbs UP for NetHere

HoseB

I live in Denver and have been with them for 15 month. System has been down exactly ONE time, and was restored within 10 minutes of my contacting tech support.

Continuous connect shut-down at 8 hrs, but you can logon again immediately.

I don't know how they could have been any better!
Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:09 am
Post  Title: http://www.nethere.com/

fredarnold
To correct your info, they actually do have nationwide news groups... not just for Denver.

Oh yeah and they have live 24 hour support... Very nice on the phone
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 15:31 pm
Post  Title: Oh so SLOW!

inyotep
Connection speed 12,000 baud.
Hmmm, I used to connect at 28.8 but quit that because it was too slow. here in a 56K world, NetHere thinks its 12k speed is acceptable. Not so.

If you want reasonable speed, this is NOT the service to sign up for.
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 23:45 pm
Post  Title: NetHere

New user
I just finished signing up with Nethere. I have to say this was the EASIEST sign up process I have ever encountered!! And it takes about half the time to connect as it did with EarthLink. Granted, that my be because I live in the area where they are based, but I have to say so far I am very happy!! Even converting my email / Outlook accounts was very simple - the instructions were all very clear and easy to understand. I am really not very internet savvy, but I was amazed at how easy it was for me to get it all up and running. Hopefully, I will never really need customer service, but if I do, I expect it to be as hassle-free. Will keep you posted........I also like having the option to pay per month or per year.
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:08 am
Post  Title: avoid nethere if you live in las vegas

grey peep-on
well........... I had to disconnect my nethere service.

I live in las vegas and as of about 10 days ago, i started having problems with getting logged on . It would give me an invalid password and user name which was not true. Nethere's customer service was polite but they could not solve the problem.

Remember these are the same exact access numbers that MSN users use. How do I know? I was with MSN before nethere.

So after not being able to get logged on time after time for horus in the last 10 days. I disconnected today.

One time when I called their customer service, one of their honest CS reps told me I was not the only one having problems logging on using the las vegas access numbers.

He gave me a different one but it did not do me much good.

Net here probably cost me thousands of dollars in lost profits because I had no back up and could not sell my shares in a company that I had bought due to not being able to logged on.

So it turned out to be a disaster for me. YEs I am the same person who was saying all the nice things in my last two comments but I did not have many problems until the last 10 days.

I was also getting sick of getting disconnected when I was reading a long email or writing one because nethere disconnects you if it thinks you are not active. So when you are writing an email, it does not think you are active!!

So I had problems with signing up on line with nethere as well , and I mentioned this in my first comment a couple of months ago but I forgave them for that.

But I can not accept not being able to get logged on for hours. Sorry nethere, I will just pay my 20 $ per month to a local las vegas ISP and will not have to worry able getting logged on or being disconnected if I am writing an email!!!

So, if you live in Vegas, I do not recommend nethere any longer but I can not critcize nethere in other places because I simply do not know if this problem is only for las vegas customers or is more wide spread.

If I was on nethere, I would have been disconnected already, because this comment is too long for their taste and system!!! LOL
Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 0:00 am
Post  Title: nethere

grey peep-on
in my last post, I meant to say

it would "not" be fair to nethere........instead of what I wrote which was:

it would be fair to nethere, they have to make money to run their business
Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 23:57 pm

grey peep-on
I am updating my post from last month in regards to nethere

No problems what-so-ever so far, I am very happy with nethere. NO, I don't work for them. The only way I could be happier is if nethere would charge even less than 10 bucks a month but you can not get quality for " a lot" less. furthermore, it would be fair to nethere, they have to make money to run their business.

I have been with them for about 2 months...I switched from MSN.

1-unlimited with nethere, means, unlimited....did you hear me, 24 hour a day , seven days a week if you wanted for 10 bucks.

2-I have never gotten discounted when I was listening to a radio station or downloading

3-no contracts to sign as I mentioned before, they bill your CC monthly and you can also pay by check/money order.
NO SET UP FEES. NO NOTHING. JUST 10 BUCKS A MONTH.

4- Very polite customer serice and there is almost never a waiting time to get through customer service. I wanted to change the credit card that was being billed, that is why I called customer service not because I had a problem since my first day.
1-888 toll free customer service and available 24 hours a day(I think).

5- No minimum number of months that you have to sign up for, it is month to month(with CC)

6- Same access numbers as MSN in my area(in Nevada).

7- Getting on line is very fast and no software to worry about.

You can not beat nethere for value, service and dependibility.

I am still kicking myself for paying Bill Gates and MSN 21.95 per month before I switched to nethere. I think Bill Gates is rich enough.

Don't even get me started on Net Zero(it ***) or Aol.
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 0:57 am

grey peep-on
I switched from MSN (21.95) to nethere(10 bucks).

I live in Nevada and have had damn good service with them. Actually nethere and MSN have the same access numbers(at least in nevada).

The only time nethere will disconnect you is if you are reading a very long page and are inactive for about 10 minutes , then you get disconnected; but other than that, my service is just like MSN(if not faster to get logged on, because for some reason my user name and password is read a lot faster than my Old MSN's, eventhough I dial the same exact number and put in my user name and followed by @ nethere dot com).

I would give nethere a 9.5 out of 10. the subtraction was due to a problem I had with them when I was signing up on line. There was a glitch, so I had to call their 1-888 number and a very polite person(a man) answered and took me through the process in less than 5 minutes.

I am saving almost 150 dollars a year thanks to nethere compared to MSN which was highway robbery.

So far, i absoutley love this ISP and no I had not heard of nethere unitl I managed to find freedomlist dot com and did research and went with the $10 per month nethere with no contracts or minimum number of months that you have to stay on.

I hope this helped.
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:43 am
Post  Title: Speed of ISP

AlleyCat
People! Your modem, computer,
and phone service decides
the speed of browsing the web.
No modem boosters, no adding to
your browser, nor changing your
ISP will change this - ever!
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:24 am
Post  Title: questions

william
I just have a question.... I'm pretty new at this and I'm trying to find a cheap ISP to suit my needs. How the coonection? is it fast enough????? also I sometimes need to send a lot of people some stuff over the email and most ISPs have a restriction on that. I guess they're trying to protect their users from spamming..... understandable but not very helpful in my case. Does this ISP have any restrictions on that?
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 19:41 pm
Post  Title: Nethere not here for me

Henrietta Thomas
After reading the description and positive comments here,
I was all ready to sign up with Nethere. That is,
until I went to their site and read the fine pring.....

*Newsgroup access not available outside of San Diego County.

Sorry, Nethere, I need the newsgroups.

About | Support

About | Support
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:03 am
Post  Title: Reading Comprehension

NetSavvy Surfer
>Not sure what part of FREE they didn't seem to understand...LOL

Probably the "R," hehe :P
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next