home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 am
Post  Title: Re: Can't access email or logon

Boz
Administrator
CAK wrote:
Does anyone know what' going on with this isp? I pay monthly but suddenly can't access their webpage or obtain my email?
See  http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35933   .
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:06 am
Post  Title: Can't access email or logon

CAK

Does anyone know what' going on with this isp? I pay monthly but suddenly can't access their webpage or obtain my email?
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:56 am
Post  Title: cancelled, but no credit

Madeline

I had VTR for a little over three months. I paid $80.00 for a year for the vtr120 plus the accelerator.
After about three months, they emailed me with a curt message saying I had not paid for the accelerator because my credit card refused payment.
I had not realized that it was not paid, and they gave me a sermon about not paying it.

I contacted my credit card company and they said that they had never received the charge and they would never refuse a charge without notifying me first.

After the insulting email, I cancelled my account. After paying $80.00 and using their service for less than four months, I thought I would get some credit. But I have emailed them three times with the link they gave when I cancelled, but I have not reseived a response. If, which seems unlikely, I am not due a credit, they should explain why not.

I would give this company an F. Credible companies do not treat clients the way I was treated.
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 am
Post  Title: Re: Not bad at all!

nevadacrab

mysteryman wrote:
...I read that VT Rocket and VTISP were not the same company, but I don't believe that. I always had good luck in the past with VTISP, but I heard they slowed down. Anyhow, I'm satisfied now. I think I'll stick with VT Rocket for a while. Grin

Glad to hear that vtrocket is working for you.
A couple of points. While vtisp and vtrocket are not the "same" company, they are both owned by Access The Net.
Also, I don't know what you heard (or who from), but as a vtisp customer, I have not noticed any slowdown.
Just curious...which plan are you using?
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 13:16 pm
Post  Title: Not bad at all!

mysteryman

I am creating a new post. I apologize for misleading anyone. I was using the regular $5.40 a month/120 hour plan, which I thought was good. It was at first, but then it started to drag. I added the accelerator service, and it made a significant difference. Unfortunately, the regular service was disappointing. The connection speed was very fast without the accelerator (about 50.2 kps), but web surfing was dreadfully slow for some reason. It may be my computer or something; I don't really know. Once again, I apologize.

Last edited by mysteryman on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 13:35 pm
Post  Title: vtisp/rocket

bruce bailey
๑۞๑
My normal VTISP usually runs (taskbar) at 49. For about a week it has been at 52 and everything is really fast. Are they just giving the Rocket to normal users? Been a great 5 years...only cut off twice during storms.
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 15:08 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
Note: RxDoc1 is confused.
vtrocket, which this thread reviews
 http://www.vtrocket.com/ 
is NOT vtisp
 http://vtisp.com/  the ISP he is complaining about.
vtisp clearly says on the front page
VERY IMPORTANT: This service is for highly experienced Internet users. No telephone technical support is provided (email support only). Again, there are NO technical support personnel at our Call Center to assist you. Should you need technical assistance for any reason, it is your responsibility to assure that you have a method of contacting us via email.
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:48 pm
Post  Title: this i.s.p. is a cheap one... but :

RxDoc1

For Those of You, Out There, Who ARE Used To a QUICK I.S.P. response:

THIS one vtisp may NOT be for you. My "Old" Earthlink was Super Fast, a Swift 1-800 Number away and ALWAYS quick with a LIVE courteous or E-mail Reply back; for just about EVERYTHING. NO ONE will EVER answer the Phone in a Normal or Pleasant Fashion. MANY E-mails will go unanswered. The above WILL remind you, that it is a Very "Cost Effective" I.S.P. If you want Pleasant OR Courteous- go with A.O.L. OR my "Old" Earthlink. LOL If you want The Basics... but will still WORK; go with Vtisp !!!! (c;} Just my Opinion. Everybody will have one. Later Freedom Listers. The Doc from Cleveland,Ohio. Bye for now.

...........................................................................................................
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 18:11 pm
Post  Title: Re: http://www.vtrocket.com/

hotchas

I ALSO contacted them 3 times in September last year about a billing error and they never replied.
Think
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 20:12 pm
Post  Title: http://www.vtrocket.com/

martel

customer service is non-existent or just asleep.
have sent 3 emails over the past week asking the
same basic question. never received an answer.
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 16:32 pm
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
Keep calling
Phone Numbers
* 888-239-8326 (U.S. Customers)
Ext. 101 = Sign Up for New Service
Ext. 102 = Billing Department
Ext. 103 = Network Status Line
Ext. 0 = Customer Service
* 888-727-1901 Ext. 89 (Canadian Customers)
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 16:23 pm
Post  Title: This seems fraudulent...

I signed up online a week ago for service with vtrocket. They've charged my credit card, but I have yet to hear from them or get started with service. I have called, left messages, and sent email. No one has responded to my calls or emails. What do I do now? Evil
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 14:12 pm
Post  Title: great provider

mpbvtrocket
We've been with VT Rocket for over a year now, and have had no trouble at all. Their customer service if very friendly and takes care of things promptly. We love 'em.
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 20:32 pm
Post  Title: It's just great

I was feeling really cheap, and at first signed up for their 30 hours per month plan. After a few months I decided I really needed more time online and wanted to upgrade to the 120 hours a month plan. One email later they had upgraded me and adjusted the billing. It went very smoothly. I also emailed them with a question about the dialer they provide, and received a reply quickly on that, too. (It automatically opens Internet Explorer, and there didn't seem to be a way to make it open Firefox instead.)

As far as connection reliability and speed, it's very rare that I lose a connection, and I know better than to try and watch videos with a dialup connection.

I am a former Highstream user, and as someone else mentioned the service is very comparable and half the price. Grin
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:26 am
Post  Title:

daawgon

I subscribed to TDISP/Access the Net (same company as Vtrocket) at the end of December, and I am impressed with the service. I subscribed to the offer of "Half Price @ $4.90 a Month", paid $58.80 for the year, downloaded their dialer, and have had excellent service ever since. I always connect at 52,000 bps with three local numbers in Portland, OR. I can have 5 e-mail accounts, but choose to use none (I already use 2 web based e-mail accounts). This service seems to be on a par with Poetworld, GoBigWest and Highstream.
Apparently many people believe that inexpensive Internet (ISP) service must be costly to be any good??? I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE OTHERWISE - I WOULD NOT TAKE AOL SERVICE IF IT WERE FREE!
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:39 am
Post  Title: Worst Customer Service Also

froggy
I agree about the WORST customer relations I have ever had. Service was fine without the booster, which frequently bacame disconnected. Started out fine, but after a few months was useless because of the disconnects. Emails for service only brought excuses, recriminations and the most beligerent responses short of obsanities I have seen.
Getting the refund of your prepaid service eventually happens, but not without obnoxious, belligerent recriminations. Maybe they have so many different names because the reputation reaches critical mass. When Access The Net has to become ATN
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 20:38 pm
Post  Title:

I tried Vtrocket and got good connection speeds and considered it a bargain.

If you like what Vtrocket is offering you need to make sure that you compare all of the following ISP services (because they are all the SAME company):

VTrocket
VTisp
NATisp
ISPbooster
TDisp

All of the above are the SAME company offering different features. Why they choose not to offer all of the above "plans" under ONE name is a mystery, but you can pretty much find the plan you are looking for from one of them. VTisp is the lowest, VTrocket offers some interesting plans, NATisp has the lowest "high speed" price of any ISP on freedomlist and ISPbooster allows you to add "high speed" to any ISP you want.

At any rate, I would recomend this company, they offer a very good internet connection at a great price!
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 13:41 pm
Post  Title: http://www.vtrocket.com/

RxFSD

Got 1 year service for 5.20 / mo. Accelerator tried, NO difference seen in speed. Went to SBC DSL so I tried to get refund like it says on website. I never did get a refund, gave up trying.
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:44 am
Post  Title:

rec

I finally got a refund but it was like pulling teeth. As a word of encouragement to the rest of you IT CAN BE DONE.
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 23:55 pm
Post  Title: Bad Customer Service

The ISP works fine, but don't count on any customer service. I placed ten calls before I reached a live representative. Until then, I left several messages, none of which were returned. The woman I finally reached was surly, belligerent and unwilling to listen -- the exact opposite of what you'd expect in a person focused on serving the customer. In less than a minute, she was urging me to cancel. I asked to speak with another rep or a supervisor and was told one would call me. Of course, none ever did. Frown
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next