home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 15:33 pm
Post  Title:

torontoliving

I have been with 295.ca for several years. It was quite good in the beginning. And still is okay if you give them 2 months notice of cancelling their service. All of a sudden the service improves. But a couple of months after I cancelled my cancellation, the service is poor again. So I cancelled it again, and what do you know, service has improved again. This doesn't work for me. I want reliable service. It never did provide 56K service. Once in a blue moon I get 50K, but when it's working well, it's usually 40-something K, and at worst 20 or 30kbps. This is dial-up so don't expect to stream or download videos. A 3 minute clip of video takes several hours to download (and I haven't tried this in a long, long time because in the last year 295.ca disconnects me so regularly.) My Windows hasn't been up to date in forever. Dont't get Norton antivirus, it makes 295.ca even more unusuable not to mention my virus definitions haven't been up to date in months. I used to leave it overnight to update, but like I said, they constantly disconnect you these days (and nights). At its worst, it takes half a dozen tries to get connected. Service when you call in is variable. I was almost 2 hours waiting to speak to someone (to cancel), then got disconnected. I then tried the sales/info line and got a helpful person quite quickly. Bottom line, it used to be not bad, but now it's not. I wish they'd increased the price a bit each year and kept up the good service. However, given the way technology has gone, many websites are almost unuseable with dial-up anyway. Oh and by the way, for a while Turbo worked not bad at least on occasion (all it does is it speeds up your browser), but lately it doesn't work, period.
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 16:57 pm
Post  Title: 295.ca has the worst technical support, ever!!!

krassimir1

I have been with 295.ca for more nthan 2 years, but last 6 months their DLS service stop working for my house, about 80% ot the time it is not working, and it takes a lot of calls to make them fix the problem. Now they simply hang-up on me. I would not recomend the ISP to anyone, there are a lot of other providers with the same price for beter service.
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 am
Post  Title: http://295.ca/

gustavo

This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 15:40 pm
Post  Title: 2 years back billing taken from my credit card

mikeisps

I used 295.ca for the period around 2004-2006. In 2006 i got high speed and no longer was using the 295.ca dial-up service. When i stopped using the service the monthly charges of about $3 stopped being charged to my credit card account. So that said i didnt worry about cancelling my account in a more formal way, they were no longer changing me. I have had no contact with them now for 2 years until now. This month however they put a charge of about $65 on my credit card for about 2 years of service. They refuse to drop this charge as they insist i should have cancelled the account. They are claiming that my credit card expired and they could not charge me - but they did not inform me of this problem until I asked when this bill came in. I did not provide then updated credit card expiry information, but somehow they have now been able to charge my credit card 2 years later.

I looked at their terms and conditions (http://www.295.ca/terms_conditions.html) which state
- If the card is not honored for any reason, and if alternative billing has not been established, the account will be suspended and or terminated effective immediately.

So they did not follow the terms they state as they claim they could not bill me but did not terminate the account.

As i am not using the account i would certainly have closed it if they were taking the monthly fee. Now i feel tricked by them and forced into paying for 2 years of service i did not use and did not want.
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 16:17 pm
Post  Title: re: beware.....keep off - please disregard, error

sojibello

I regret my previous message. My credit Card was overcharged by another vendor, not 295.ca. I am satisfied with the services I get from 295.ca. PLEASE DISREGARD BELOW MESSAGE, IT WAS AN ERROR.

.................................................................................................

sojibello wrote:
I joined 295.ca in July 2007, there was no problem until recently when I noticed unauthorized charges in my credit card, unknown to me, they have been charging $21 from my credit card since December 2007, initially they were charging $3 and change. I love thier internet service, it works perfect for a dial-up... [.[/b]

Corrected Quote Formatting -- Boz
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:14 am
Post  Title: 295.ca is a great ISP

sojibello

i love it

Last edited by sojibello on Mon Mar 24, 2008 16:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 18:20 pm
Post  Title: Horrible customer service

ZenOfZamboni

I signed up with 295.ca because my dad recommended them, but I have to say that I have never been so dissatisfied and offended by the customer service I received.

I received their modem with a faulty disk that did not have the .exe files to install my account on my windows Me and XP machines. When I asked them to email me the instructions they send me the wrong files. When I spoke to them on the phone they could not help me. Finally, after a week of frustration, I decided to cancel the service. I was told that I would be penalized 1st and last month's fees because I canceled the contract. When I said that I never had the service they accused me of maybe needing to install something else like a new driver or upgrade my OS. My service works just fine with Bell. Needless to say, I believe they are in breach of their contract since they never provided me with the service. I mean, how long do I need to spend dealing with technical issues before I finally have to give up.

That said, they may be a cheap alternative, but good luck if you need help or service.
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 23:20 pm
Post  Title: Re: 295.ca service

dslinsider

295.ca has great customer service and they really do want to help. I have delt with them on several occassions and they have gone above and beyond any of my expectations to resolve my concerns and get me up and running. Their web page is always up and running, there call numbers are easily accessible via their "access" tab on their webpage. For the price they are amazing. You have to take the good with the bad. They aren't ripping you off like Bell or some other of those providers and yet their service (quality) is just as good. If you want 24-7 tech support and fancy features go with another provider and pay 50. If you pay half that price with 295.ca then you shouldn't care if occassional you might have to wait til the next business day to get customer service/support. Afterall, they didn't have internet in the good old days and surprisingly every1 lived just fine.

I don't expect ANYONE to take my word for it. Give them a call and ASK questions!!! Small minds discuss people, great minds discuss ideas. Great price, great service, great idea!
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:20 am
Post  Title: 295.ca service

diah

It's cheap & good!But the service isn't. Hassle a lot!
The representative are so lazy to help , we have to argue to get the customer support to help us with setup instructions. They said, they'll send the CD and they can't provide setup instruction by phone anymore, system changed. But they never asked about the address, how do they will send the CD with no complete information where we life.
Then we keept bugging and calling them to setup our internet connection online, we paid! why do we have to wait?then we asked them: r u spam?give bogus service and promise?then they turn to be so nice!unbelievable.. Devilish
They should be careful to put their service on the internet. If they can't keep they promise, it isn't good!unprofessional...ruin your reputation absolutely!
Anyway I don't know which one is true, you have to wait for the CD or you can activate your account in 10 min as they mentioned. I don't know...but I'm happy finally I can connect to the internet with a very cheap rate!
I guess 295.ca should have better customer service who really want to help customers not just promise....
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 19:51 pm
Post  Title:

idiotcanuck

For occaissional use this isp is acceptable, connect speed is typically fair to good, although there are busy issues at peak times.

Where this company becomes a nightmare is when any interaction is required. Emails are never answered, credit cards are overcharged, and charged without authorization. Complaints to "live people" result in no correction after +45 minute wait times, if you can find a phone number at all.

STAY AWAY.
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:55 am
Post  Title: 295.ca

Judy

Fastest connect speed for me was 44 Kbps, but lately (last mo. or 2) has been frequently much slower (20?). Have to try connecting several times to get thru as "server busy"...any time of day. Always harder after 6:00 p.m. Not great service but, for me, still o.k. because the price is so cheap. Note: I sent a note to customer service by email once and they never replied. Fixed the problem myself eventually. But my past experience with other companies shows that most customer service desks are very slow to respond...if at all ("customer service is dead"). Most times I don't even bother to try to connect with them.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 21:18 pm
Post  Title: 3web Vs. 295

This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:46 am
Post  Title: On big websites, or with links - crashes, but OK

StephenVassilev
On big websites, or with links, such as from Discussion Board, it crashes, but OK otherwise. For cheap service it provides a lot. Connecting is pretty reliable. Smile
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 17:29 pm
Post  Title: best isp

david_77
295.ca is an awesome company, i am very greatful for the money i have saved and the connection has always been stable.

i recommend it
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:10 am
Post  Title: Crashed system

BirdMan
Well, here it is, December 10 and although I can log in with dial-up via Ottawa, I cannot get into their website.

Anyone know why? Any ideas??? Has the website been TAKEN down or has it gone down and they don't have a clue? Good job I don't rely on the 295.ca email eh?? Bummer!!!!
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 15:20 pm
Post  Title: This is the best cheap ISP I've ever had......

beachlover
This is a great ISP. My only fear is that they either go belly up or get bought out by someone. Then I'll be forced to the high priced ISP's
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 22:19 pm
Post  Title: 56k

aziccy
295 you will never get 56k with 295 but you for an addition 3.95 a month get turbo by 295 its 7x faster and I really like it alot.

It will cost you 7.00 plus tax a month.

It is way faster
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 21:11 pm

aziccy
I would like to know why Barrie which is so close to Toronto is not on your list.....

But other provinces are...that is really ridiculous
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 13:04 pm

Dilip
The service is neither fast nor 56k! My mother in toronto uses 295.ca and usually connects at between 9.6k and 14.4k. No kidding. It's pathetic.
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:35 am
Post  Title: Re: http://295.ca/

stony
unregistered wrote:
I do not agree with this. I switched with 295.ca over a year ago and everything works fine for me.. :-)

I posted a few posts below asking about service in Edmonton and I haven't had any problems either since I switched. I use the service during the day and have always connected at 52K . . . the best I used to get using Sprint was 44K. I have had a busy signal with 295.ca a grand total of one time and I connected on my next try. No disconnects, no trouble at all. I can't say enough about this service, especially for the price. I haven't had to use tech support so I can't comment on that, but for $2.95 a month (after a $10 or so set-up fee) this is a steal. Of course, perhaps I shouldn't say this because the more people who use it the busier the lines might get, but these guys deserve praise. Grin
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next