home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 21:44 pm
Post  Title: Slip Stream?????

This post has been moved by the moderator of this forum
It can be found at: New Location
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 13:33 pm
Post  Title: http://www.550access.com/

charlie
I signed up for service eleven days ago & have yet to be able to log in. No-one ever answers the phone & i have been dropped off line from online support. The only response I have received was from e-mail which said "try again later today"
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 22:28 pm
Post  Title: Re: R n R.. Rest and Reading!.. hehe.. :)

wow.. 4 emails.. all within 7!! minutes.. i guess that has to be a record for a customer.. good job...

Yes I (Ravi) DO EXIST!, but i dont work 24/7 like a machine, my shift was not morning.

haha

All jokes aside, I did not resolve your matter, but another rep did. I came to find out there were emails for me just about half an hour ago, but notes on your account confirm that it was resolved. I found that you guys discussed the matter over the phone.

Here is my take on the issue:
You wanted to cancel the account on a specfic day, but we cancel on the same day only. So a rep cancelled your account, then you wanted to have it reactivated, so rep reactived it, and ofcourse, automatic systems would charge you again since you would have a new billing date. Then there were credits given. Now your complaing that your tickets were not replied to within 2 minutes, did you know average hold time for aol is about 15 - 20 minutes? I think that was pretty unreasonable. Anyhow, your account was cancelled, and apporiately prorated (refunded) as you wanted. I apologize for the fact that you had to bring it to public to resolve this matter, thou, little more patiences would of done the same.

Thank you for giving "US" a chance to resolve this.
Ravi.

Anyone else?

unregistered wrote:
O.K., I'll email you, but how many times do I have to email this company? I have four emails in to them already about the overcharges with no response. I doubt if I will get a response from you either.
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 am

I sent you copies of all the emails, especially the one where they said I had service FREE until November 23, then they charged me on October 21. I hope you can see what kind of place you are working for.

Went to the site. None of my subsequent tickets are listed on my account, since it was closed, and no response to any emails.

I'm telling you right now, you can't fix this, but if you somehow manage to, I'll come back on here and say so.
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:16 am

O.K., I'll email you, but how many times do I have to email this company? I have four emails in to them already about the overcharges with no response. I doubt if I will get a response from you either.
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 17:57 pm
Post  Title: R n R.. Rest and Reading!.. hehe.. :)

Ravib
Hmm.. we...(YOU) do overlook things.. dont we (YOU)..

Check and read the postings carefully, the email is clearly stated about 3 to 4 times..

The size of the business.. your talking about 4 complaints over years.. now think about thousands of users per day!.. its a fact of life. cant make everyone happy..

You still havent emailed your information to your problems.. your just being unfair your self.. as well as us.

I am not the owner of the 550access, i work in support!.. there are board of directors then ceo that manages the company.. if you would read.. the parent company is vippowernet, you can go check articles in the state of texas..

Seriously buddy, you are overreacting.. again just read.. calm down.. read..

Again, email me your username and problem to 550support @ 550access.com and again you represented a problem to me, give me a chance to solve it. Please refer to this link in the email, so i know who you are..

I am not in charge of any forum here.. i am just expressing my feelings as just as everyone else..

Ravi..
SUPPORT REP.

unregistered wrote:
Just because people didn't go to the trouble to report to the BBB does NOT mean that there weren't many more dissatisfied customers. How many people do you know who would go to that trouble for $8.95? Not you, obviously. You shouldn't be in charge of this forum at all, if you are going to make such statements. Did you notice the UNSATISFACTORY rating????

I won't be back here. Hopefully, people elsewhere I have posted are not the idiots that you people are.

[..]

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 23:58 pm
Post  Title:

bruce bailey
๑۞๑
Don't forget that satisfied customers may not report how happy they are with the service.
Sorry, I forgot your name....
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 21:23 pm
Post  Title:

Just because people didn't go to the trouble to report to the BBB does NOT mean that there weren't many more dissatisfied customers. How many people do you know who would go to that trouble for $8.95? Not you, obviously. You shouldn't be in charge of this forum at all, if you are going to make such statements. Did you notice the UNSATISFACTORY rating????

I won't be back here. Hopefully, people elsewhere I have posted are not the idiots that you people are.

plodr wrote:
4 complaints in three years with 50% resolved means two people in three years got annoyed with this company. Thanks for letting us know it is pretty safe to go with 550access.
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:42 am
Post  Title:

plodr
Administrator
4 complaints in three years with 50% resolved means two people in three years got annoyed with this company. Thanks for letting us know it is pretty safe to go with 550access.
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 22:52 pm
Post  Title: Re: 550access Customer Support & Updates

How about quoting the entire thing, huh?

"CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 4
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 1

Complaints Concerned
Refund or Exchange Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Resolved: 1

Customer Service Issues: 2
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Credit or Billing Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Ravib wrote:
Alright, check this bbb out.

http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/...d=31002922 

Then read the comment:
When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Also:
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 3
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 0

Thats All i am going to say about you comment.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 21:16 pm

You know, you are just ignorant. I DID write to customer service, and just as in all other cases reported to the BBB and the Consumer Protection agency, there was NO RESPONSE. They do not intend to refund me anything. They overcharge people and never refund them, because they KNOW that people are not going to sue them over $8.95.

Well, here's the thing. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. For every 7 people you tell something bad, they tell 7, and it multiplies exponentially. I'm spreading the word to every place I can so that others can see what scum you are.

BTW, are you the Ravi that owns the company?

And how in hell are we supposed to email you? I don't see any email addresses posted here for you.

Ravib wrote:

Then read the comment:

Also:

As far as knowing your information, no i dont know your information. Like i mentioned in my other posting, we get thosands of calls and there are many lines and reps answering them. I am one of the reps who provide support. Honestly I have no idea who you are, unless you email with reference to this link and tell me your problem like the other guy did and found that it was his fault.

You said, you got charged on the same day; do you know what big companies use batchproccessing during early early morning hours to process credit card payments for the day? Also a day as 24 hours. You probably cancelled after you were charged and are not mad that you were charged. Sorry to be rude, but thats how you presented yourself to me. You get mad about something without realizing so many things. Its not your fault, but please watch what you say. If you were charged on the same day as the cancellation, a simple decent request over email or phone would get the rep to refund the amount. There are automation in the system that does what it suppose to, but when you notice something not right, YOU need to point it out. Also, legally, review the terms you agree to, you are not entitled to that money (its your responsiblity to cancel BEFORE the billing date), but the company overlooks that and processes many refunds. I told you, i am proud to work for the company.

I would be happy to review your account, but i would still need your information. Its clear, your making a big deal about ur refund and thats all you want. To me it feels as your just causing a scene to get your monthly dues back. If everyone was like that america would not have any businesses.

Anyhow, You presented a problem to me, give me a chance to solve it. I still need your information that you can email 550support @ 550access.com and please reference this link.

Thank you,
Ravi

[..]

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 0:41 am
Post  Title:

Ravib
Run?.. why? what about Think! hehe just joking.. dont take it personally..

I wish I can show you some of the reports that shows how many users just submit a blank password to get online. The report that shows typos users make in thier usernames and passwords when attempting to get online.

There are places in the nation where your local telephone provider can not handle the volumes of calls, not data calls, but just regular phone calls so you hear the message "all circuits are busy." You dont hear that message when your computer dials up, but it might certainly the case.

Also, there are limitation to certain access numbers and can only handle so much of data calls, "ports." But simply trying another access number would resolve the matter.

Your computer waits about 60 "Computer seconds" mabye about 6 secs or so, not sure dont quote me!!. before it hangs up the connection. If all your local ports are being used by your neigbhor's or someone, your calls are routes (internally) to closest cities (long distance that you dont have to pay for...) with more capacity to allow data connection, this increase the time it takes for the computer on the other end to send a signal back. You can increase the time your computer waits to get you online, by chaning "cancel the call, if not connected within:" option in your modem settings. Because your computer logs to another computer maybe 100 miles away, you experience slow speeds. And the whole system is randomize, so figure that. But i can tell you few things to make sure that your computer is set for best possible connection from your computer, to your teleco to your data center to your port and all back.

I can sit here and give you a run down of all the possible things that happen when you try to get online. But its not your problem to know, you just want to get online, yes i know. But when you want to use a calculator, do you not have to follow the instructions or procedure to getting the right result? otherwise we will all still use your fingers. hehehe.. Smile I am confident that i can resolve the error you are having with speed and access to internet. Send an email to me at 550support @ 550access.com and metion this page. I'll talk with you on the phone and tell u whatever u want to know.

"So dont walk.. Run!!.." send me an email!! hehe.. btw.. i found that catchy.. good one!.. Smile

Thank you,
Ravi

unregistered wrote:
Run ! Don't walk from this abominable service.Usually takes at least 3 attempts to get logged on,then about half the time I'm logged in at 19.2kbps!
Sometimes I can't log on for whole days.THE WORST OF THE WORST!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 0:20 am

Ravib

Then read the comment:

Also:

As far as knowing your information, no i dont know your information. Like i mentioned in my other posting, we get thosands of calls and there are many lines and reps answering them. I am one of the reps who provide support. Honestly I have no idea who you are, unless you email with reference to this link and tell me your problem like the other guy did and found that it was his fault.

You said, you got charged on the same day; do you know what big companies use batchproccessing during early early morning hours to process credit card payments for the day? Also a day as 24 hours. You probably cancelled after you were charged and are not mad that you were charged. Sorry to be rude, but thats how you presented yourself to me. You get mad about something without realizing so many things. Its not your fault, but please watch what you say. If you were charged on the same day as the cancellation, a simple decent request over email or phone would get the rep to refund the amount. There are automation in the system that does what it suppose to, but when you notice something not right, YOU need to point it out. Also, legally, review the terms you agree to, you are not entitled to that money (its your responsiblity to cancel BEFORE the billing date), but the company overlooks that and processes many refunds. I told you, i am proud to work for the company.

I would be happy to review your account, but i would still need your information. Its clear, your making a big deal about ur refund and thats all you want. To me it feels as your just causing a scene to get your monthly dues back. If everyone was like that america would not have any businesses.

Anyhow, You presented a problem to me, give me a chance to solve it. I still need your information that you can email 550support @ 550access.com and please reference this link.

Thank you,
Ravi

unregistered wrote:
Now you've charged me YET AGAIN for $8.95 service, THE DAY I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT!!! All this after being told my account had been downgraded, and gotten 1 month free service, and that my next billing date was November 23. You billed this $8.95 on October 21. ( I can document all of this)

I have no doubt that you will not refund my money, but I did contact your customer service. Complaints are racking up against you at BBB and Consumer Affairs. Mine will be one of them when (not if, because I know I won't get a refund) I don't get a refund.

You already KNOW my name and contact info. I gave it to you the last 5 times I complained. You have no intention of fixing this, I know. I'm filing a complaint with my credit card company, and putting a block on anymore charges on my card. This is a hell of a lot of trouble to have to go through for this.

[..]

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 14:17 pm

Now you've charged me YET AGAIN for $8.95 service, THE DAY I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT!!! All this after being told my account had been downgraded, and gotten 1 month free service, and that my next billing date was November 23. You billed this $8.95 on October 21. ( I can document all of this)

I have no doubt that you will not refund my money, but I did contact your customer service. Complaints are racking up against you at BBB and Consumer Affairs. Mine will be one of them when (not if, because I know I won't get a refund) I don't get a refund.

You already KNOW my name and contact info. I gave it to you the last 5 times I complained. You have no intention of fixing this, I know. I'm filing a complaint with my credit card company, and putting a block on anymore charges on my card. This is a hell of a lot of trouble to have to go through for this.

RaviB wrote:
Really, give me your name and contact information; give me a chance to resolve this matter and show you what i was referring to before. You ask how many people are working in support, i can tell you there are enough for handing 3 to 4 thousands of users per day!

I am confident that whatever it is, as long as you have a working computer and modem, i can get you online! I'll review your account and even bring it to our managers attention. We'll do whatever is needed to turn your frown upside down.

What is your name? or contact number. You can quote this link and send an email to 550support @ 550access.com (no spaces in the middle, its for spam related reason)

Thank you,
Ravi

P.S: You have to understand, we are people to, we want everyone happy, but its few customers that misunderstand our priorities. Did you know that we work with many and i mean MANY different orginzations through out the nation! (www.vippowernet.com, check ISP charity) During Katrina and Rita, we invested much of time and effort into places people into houses and apartments in Houston, TX and yes, Using our support reps to answer all those calls. I know i work for a honest and humane company. Smile and I for one am the one that gets happy to hear you say, "thank you, your awesome"

[..]

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 0:42 am
Post  Title:

Run ! Don't walk from this abominable service.Usually takes at least 3 attempts to get logged on,then about half the time I'm logged in at 19.2kbps!
Sometimes I can't log on for whole days.THE WORST OF THE WORST!
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 14:08 pm

ravib
The issue was resolved with this user, and the user is a current active member. His problem was related to webmail and email. He wasnt aware that our basic plan did not include pop3 services. He understood everything and even was confortable with everything. I am not going to mention his name, but you know who you are, and it was pleasure talking with you. Glad we can answer your question and hope you find webmail our webmail an easy tool. Most users know, but its a good idea to get a hotmail or yahoo account, thus, you can change your ISP at anytime and not worry about loosing your email account. Wink Hey, i told you, i am a consumer too and it is the truth.

Anyone else I can help? I am telling you, we are confident that we can resolve all the problems. But at times customers need to be more proactive.

We dont provide a toll free in hope that most customers leave us a message, let us attend the problem as they go on with thier lives. We'll contact you when we resolve the matter or have an answer for your question. Most of the time, we contact the user back within 3 minutes(avg) for "basic" troubleshooting questions. And yes, 95% of the time, 691's are because of the way user is typing thier information when getting online. Simple rule of thumb here: if you have a "dial" or "connect" button, your username is , if you have a sign on button, your username is just your username, no "@550access.com"

We are aware dial up is a dying market. To my knowledge, there are still 10 million dial up users out there. For those that dont need the service anymore, you can log into your member section and cancel your account from there. 550access, our focus is to allow those that dont have access to dsl and cable, or use dial up for times when there is an outage with broadband or finally those that dont use the net as much and dont want to pay for high cost for broadband.

I request that those that post here play a fair game. Attempt to look through our offline support guides, our faq's, other online references, before submitting negatives. As a consumer, i want to know what others feel about a company, but the sad truth, those that love the company dont post as much compared to those that have some problem with it. I encourage anyone to post good things about 550access and spread the word to those that need the service. We beileve we are an Honest group of people, we want you to be honest as well.

RaviB
P.S. now i am thinking about becaming a member of freedomlist. Smile Please excuse any mistakes on the post.

dafla wrote:
[..]

BULL! And how many people do you have working in support? I've gotten a different name every time I sent in a ticket. I'm going to have to stop payment to keep you from charging me again. First, you charged me for high speed when I signed up for basic, and refused to refund the difference. Said you were changing it, but it hasn't changed. I get disconnected every 2-4 minutes when trying to connect during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All I can get out of you is that it's either my access number (I've tried several of them...happens with all); my computer settings (strange, this never happened with any other ISP); and finally NOW you're blaming it on the phone line.

I tried to cancel. Said you would call, but no one has. Submitted a trouble ticket asking for confirmation on cancelling, again, no response.

I'm stopping payment on your drafts. I'm also reporting you to consumer services because you are dishonest and deceitful.
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 14:05 pm

RaviB
Really, give me your name and contact information; give me a chance to resolve this matter and show you what i was referring to before. You ask how many people are working in support, i can tell you there are enough for handing 3 to 4 thousands of users per day!

I am confident that whatever it is, as long as you have a working computer and modem, i can get you online! I'll review your account and even bring it to our managers attention. We'll do whatever is needed to turn your frown upside down.

What is your name? or contact number. You can quote this link and send an email to 550support @ 550access.com (no spaces in the middle, its for spam related reason)

Thank you,
Ravi

P.S: You have to understand, we are people to, we want everyone happy, but its few customers that misunderstand our priorities. Did you know that we work with many and i mean MANY different orginzations through out the nation! (www.vippowernet.com, check ISP charity) During Katrina and Rita, we invested much of time and effort into places people into houses and apartments in Houston, TX and yes, Using our support reps to answer all those calls. I know i work for a honest and humane company. Smile and I for one am the one that gets happy to hear you say, "thank you, your awesome"

dafla wrote:
[..]

BULL! And how many people do you have working in support? I've gotten a different name every time I sent in a ticket. I'm going to have to stop payment to keep you from charging me again. First, you charged me for high speed when I signed up for basic, and refused to refund the difference. Said you were changing it, but it hasn't changed. I get disconnected every 2-4 minutes when trying to connect during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All I can get out of you is that it's either my access number (I've tried several of them...happens with all); my computer settings (strange, this never happened with any other ISP); and finally NOW you're blaming it on the phone line.

I tried to cancel. Said you would call, but no one has. Submitted a trouble ticket asking for confirmation on cancelling, again, no response.

I'm stopping payment on your drafts. I'm also reporting you to consumer services because you are dishonest and deceitful.
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 15:12 pm

dafla
RaviB wrote:
Alright, Guys.
I read the reviews everyone left recently and there were a lot of misunderstanding here...

Here is an Update:
Email:550support@550access.com
Phone: 832.476.0532 - (there is no charge, unless you want us to give you a call at a specific time (fill out a special form)
Address: 550access 6776 Southwest Freeway #600 Houston, TX 77074.

Most of the recent posts are for customer service and cancellations. Please check there is a "Cancel account" link in your member section that will allow you to cancel your account, without any charges!

When you call to leave a message, nearly half of the messages do not leave a callback number or aren’t available when we call them back. We make two attempts to return calls to each voicemail, and then we make a note in the customer's account.

Disconnects – nearly 90% of the time the users have settings on there computers that disconnect idle connects. We have a 5 hour per session limit on our end to prevent accidental usage, since there is a 300 hour limit on the high speed dial up package. All of the other irregular disconnects because of settings on users computers. Now you’re going to say, “Well it works fine with other ISP’s.” But did you guys notice that we don’t require any special software, even our own browser or dialer for you to connect, while all of the other ISP requires you to have their software? We do not want to limit you. Software that may monitor your activities. When you using your Window DUN, we do not have control over it and cant set specific settings to help you stay online. If you use our software, that we produced, then yes, we can help you avoid disconnects on your end.

By now, it should be very clear that all dial up providers are the same. We use the same access numbers and barebones providers as netzero, earthlink, aol….you name it. The only difference then is your computer and the software you use on it. We do offer software to help you, but most of you are attracted to using MSDUN, your windows DUN, so we let you.

All of you are very mad when you post these messages and as a consumer, myself, I would be angry as well, but you overlook a lot of facts. AOL – minimum 20 min hold time (we have families, we don’t want you waiting on the line for 20 minutes, we want you to leave a message so you can be on your way and let us call you.) NetZero – Support charges some $1.95 per minute or so. All of the documentation they provide is the same solutions we give you. EarthLink charges $9.95 for the first 6 months and then it’s same as AOL – $21.95 after.

Our objective is to get you guys online for cheaper, and we are to thousands of customers. We strip out the unnecessary costs to give you connection. I am sure, all of you now have a yahoo or an hotmail account, so we don’t focus on our email services or web hosting services. If you want premium packages, then please check out  www.vippowernet.com,  our parent company.

Thank you,
Ravi
Customer Support Rep
550access

P.S: I am posting this as a consumer, but I do work for 550access. I want my voice to be heard as well. I am citing from our internal research reports. Thank you.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 15:38 pm
Post  Title: 550access Customer Support & Updates

RaviB
Alright, Guys.
I read the reviews everyone left recently and there were a lot of misunderstanding here...

Here is an Update:
Email:550support@550access.com
Phone: 832.476.0532 - (there is no charge, unless you want us to give you a call at a specific time (fill out a special form)
Address: 550access 6776 Southwest Freeway #600 Houston, TX 77074.

Most of the recent posts are for customer service and cancellations. Please check there is a "Cancel account" link in your member section that will allow you to cancel your account, without any charges!

When you call to leave a message, nearly half of the messages do not leave a callback number or aren’t available when we call them back. We make two attempts to return calls to each voicemail, and then we make a note in the customer's account.

Disconnects – nearly 90% of the time the users have settings on there computers that disconnect idle connects. We have a 5 hour per session limit on our end to prevent accidental usage, since there is a 300 hour limit on the high speed dial up package. All of the other irregular disconnects because of settings on users computers. Now you’re going to say, “Well it works fine with other ISP’s.” But did you guys notice that we don’t require any special software, even our own browser or dialer for you to connect, while all of the other ISP requires you to have their software? We do not want to limit you. Software that may monitor your activities. When you using your Window DUN, we do not have control over it and cant set specific settings to help you stay online. If you use our software, that we produced, then yes, we can help you avoid disconnects on your end.

By now, it should be very clear that all dial up providers are the same. We use the same access numbers and barebones providers as netzero, earthlink, aol….you name it. The only difference then is your computer and the software you use on it. We do offer software to help you, but most of you are attracted to using MSDUN, your windows DUN, so we let you.

All of you are very mad when you post these messages and as a consumer, myself, I would be angry as well, but you overlook a lot of facts. AOL – minimum 20 min hold time (we have families, we don’t want you waiting on the line for 20 minutes, we want you to leave a message so you can be on your way and let us call you.) NetZero – Support charges some $1.95 per minute or so. All of the documentation they provide is the same solutions we give you. EarthLink charges $9.95 for the first 6 months and then it’s same as AOL – $21.95 after.

Our objective is to get you guys online for cheaper, and we are to thousands of customers. We strip out the unnecessary costs to give you connection. I am sure, all of you now have a yahoo or an hotmail account, so we don’t focus on our email services or web hosting services. If you want premium packages, then please check out  www.vippowernet.com,  our parent company.

Thank you,
Ravi
Customer Support Rep
550access.com

P.S: I am posting this as a consumer, but I do work for 550access. I want my voice to be heard as well. I am citing from our internal research reports. Thank you.
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 20:48 pm
Post  Title: Rip Off Company with lousy service

beaudyk
I am not hard to please, but this company SUX! I tried to cancel before, but it was such a hassle I gave up and kept it. So then it just got worse and worse. It is almost impossible to connect (3 or 4 tries minimum). Then, when you are trying to do anything, everytime you switch pages or delete an email you get an error message that there is not enough memory on the proxy side. It made me crazy!

I hear that I may be stuck with the $8.95 coming out of my account every month and having to fight them. It's worth it just to have a decent ISP that doesn't give me a headache everytime I go online!
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next