home

Forum HomeMain  SearchSearch  please registerplease register  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  RULESRULES  
    Forum Index -> ISP reviews

write a review about this isp

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:54 am
Post  Title: evenlink

dan309
their webmail is nearly useless
you cannot delete messages or send them outside of thier company plus it jsut doesnt work as stated
Also, no news server at the time I was a member no matter what the advertising said--I asked and encountered a very rude support tech type who wasnt really so much of a tech as
a self appointed policeman who would not reveal the secret intricacies of getting onto their so-called newserver (duh..like the newserver address--tough one huh)

the rates are a come on
It is under 10 to start but then they sock you on subsequent contracts till you may as well be on aol
Plus, I was told by the rude tech guy they wer going up another 3 to bucks a month again as they have no-serious-competition in thier area of pA

On the plus side
You need no support you get great 30/40 kbs connections
(forget the so called 50k even with a v92 new modem and shielded lines and living within a stones throw of the trunk lines as I did)
It is still a great service as it hardly ever went down -if at all really- and you got unlimited service without a lot of hassle if you left the surly tech guy alone to his own devices!

There could be a more friendly atmosphere since it is a regional isp with a chat and home page but, heck at the 10 bucks intro price it was great
But when it went to 15 dollars a month then the increase of 3 to 5 dollars a month--I was told--that's a different story!

not a bad deal if you get the intro offer but look elsewhere for
extras or when the rate goes up as it will
They have almost zero competition and can get almost any price they want for service as some areas they are nearly the only provider!!!
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:51 am
Post  Title: evenlink

dan309
their webmail is nearly useless
you cannot delete messages or send them outside of thier company plus it jsut doesnt work as stated
Also, no new server at the time I was a member no matter what the advertising said--I asked and encountered a very rude support tech type who wasnt really so much of a tech as
a self appointed policeman who would ot revela the secret intricacies of getting onto their so-called newserver (duh..like the newserver address--tough one huh)

the rates are a come on
It is under 10 to start but then they sock you on subsequent contracts till you may as well be on aol
Plus, I was told by the rude tech guy they wer going up another 3 to bucks a month again as they have no-seor-competition in thier area of pA

On the plus side
You need no support you get great 30/40 kbs connections
(forget the so called 50k even with a v92 new modem and shielded lines and living within a stones throw of the trunk lines as I did)
It is still a great service as it hardly ever went down -if at all really- and you got unlimited service without a lot of hassle if you left the surly tech guy alone to his own devices!

There could be a more friendly atmosphere since it is a regional isp with a chat and home page but, heck at the 10 bucks intor price it was great
But when it went to 15 dollars a month then the increase of 3 to 5 I was told--that's a different story!

not a bad deal if you get the intor offer but look elsewhere for
extras or when the rate goes up as it will
They have almost zero competition and can get almost any price they want for service as some areas they are nearly the only provider!!!
Back to top    Write a review about this ISP
Write a review about this ISP   All times are GMT - 5 Hours